How many CCs did you have to throw out last year ?

Generally I have good luck with plugged cigars, I have a plug tool  that works very well, so I have to toss out VERY few CCs.

I manage to smoke two  or more cigars daily, on average.

Last year I probably threw out 5 or 6 sticks total.

how about you ?

• Like 1

I’m running at about one a day. Call it six a week. My stock is mostly 17 and newer. The bulk 18,19 and 20 production. 

I threw a total of one cigars away last year. A Monte tubos.  Not because it was plugged but because it was too bitter to smoke. Granted it was late at night. I was outside and it was pouring. I was also walking/stumbling back to a hotel room from a business dinner. Environmental issues could have contributed. I’ll say I was lucky

• Like 3

Tight draws are rarely an issue anymore with the Perfecdraw but occasionally you get one you just can't deal with. Notwithstanding tossing a cigar for flavor issues I would say my construction fail rate is probably around 1/200 or 0.5%. That includes tight draws, exploding wrapper, fireproof wrapper and loose draws/underfilling.

• Like 3

For plugged, 1, maybe 2 a year. Dreadfully underfilled have been my issue. 3-5 a year. Throw in another 5 or so a year that I make to the halfway point but it's just not clicking, and out of maybe 80 cigars a year, I pitch 15 for all reasons combined. I'm pretty damn finicky with my cigars though. Rather toss it then just smoke to burn tobacco.

I've only tossed a hand full for poor flavor over the last year, probably 10-12 for construction issues. I prefer a pretty open draw, so of course, I seem to buy full boxes of tent pegs. I've never, ever tossed a cigar because the draw was too open. I'd say I smoked probably around 100 cigars last year, so thats a 12-15% failure rate for me. Which seems pretty much on par with what I would expect. 

I’m glad you guys are having luck with the perfect draw. I’ve tried to use about 20 times following the instructions and can’t get any improvement on the draw (or end up exploding the wrapper), end up tossing anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

I've probably threw away 4-5 that were just beyond saving.

But I've come across a tons of almost plugged cigars (no, the humidity is not high), Perfecdraw helps a bit but the experience is not the same any more.  I think the taste changes, you might get a slightly better draw, but it's not the same cigar any longer.

Like a few others, I'm smoking 3 to 5 per day.  Really only 3 cigars bad enough to straight toss:

1. Partagas Maduro 1 - 2018 code : ungodly bitter.  like turn your face inside out bitter.  
  2. Upmann Noellas - 2020 code : so plugged even the PerfecDraw couldn't save it
  3. Partagas Salamones - 2016 code : was a very strange cigar.  Technically it was lit and smoke was coming off the end of it but, the draw contained no smoke and no flavor.  So weird.

If we were looking at the number of underperforming cigars that I didn't smoke "all the way", the numbers are probably in the 100's.  Really struggled with 2017 and 2018 box codes last year.

• Like 1

Just one last year due to a plug if I remember correctly, I did toss another due to flavor but I think that is it. I rarely get rid of a cigar unless it tastes terrible or the fight is just not worth the smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very few. If they don't pass the draw test they go back in the box until they do.

Many never do and remain to this day.....

The worst is when I give a guest a cigar and it's plugged.  I usually give a guest the same cigar I am smoking unless they request something else.  Between what I had or gave that was plugged is about a dozen cigars a year. 

I have the draw too and that'll save a cigar here and there.  I usually just toss them and and move on.  I don't want cigar smoking to be a chore.

• Like 2