For @JohnS

Thought of you and my sister when I heard that on National Public Radio today. You, well, because. My sister because I will NEVER forgive her for telling my parents that she didn’t want to be “responsible” for me when the Beatles played the show in ‘65. She was 14, I was 3. I distinctly remember throwing a tantrum! I knew at an early age... Best player of the bunch? Me. Easily...

• Haha 1

Oh wow...putting 'two and two together' I am assuming that your sister went to the show in Jacksonville, Florida in the summer of 1965? From memory that would have been around August sometime that year?

11 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Oh wow...putting 'two and two together' I am assuming that your sister went to the show in Jacksonville, Florida in the summer of 1965? From memory that would have been around August sometime that year?

Minneapolis 

21 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

Minneapolis 

Where the Sherrif’s dept. were unhappy with the “Beatles unwillingness to comply with county regulations...” 😔

• Haha 1

I will NEVER forgive my sister for that! We actually laugh about it to this day!!! 🤣

Bitch... 😡

• Haha 1

Older brother cheated me out of that one... He’s a good guitar player, I’ve forgiven him... 🤔

“New Riders of the Purple Sage!” God, we’re old...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

“New Riders of the Purple Sage!” God, we’re old...

Tell me about it. That was the first time I saw the Dead and shortly thereafter was the first time I dropped out of college and by January of ‘72 I was picking bananas in the Middle East…

• Like 1

My son's band opened for the New Riders a few years back.

Members in that band always changing though quite a legacy. Interesting experience.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Drguano said:

So you would have been 9 when the Dead played Northrup Auditorium. I hope you didn't miss that show as well!

What a show. The Dead and NRPS! Man I miss those days. 

8 hours ago, Drguano said:

Tell me about it. That was the first time I saw the Dead and shortly thereafter was the first time I dropped out of college and by January of ‘72 I was picking bananas in the Middle East…

Dude, I think you’re still high from that one.💨💨

10 hours ago, Drguano said:

I hope you make it onto Prez's new podcast SNL....you have quite the life story! 

2 hours ago, madandana said:

Dude, I think you’re still high from that one.💨💨

What makes you say that?

IMG_4073.jpeg.69088e90cb7043812944a3faff8d1f35.jpeg

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

Aside from being the great FOH moderator and the  BEST example of what FOH is, I wanted to post something that he and I would get. Others chime in if you feel the need.

”This day in music history: January 17th, 1967: The UK Daily mail published an article regarding potholes in the streets of Blackburn, Lancashire.”

I’m not sure if they actually counted them all... 🙄

That's a helluva coincidence, I got an email from the kids school today about haf term holiday activities including an advert for a science based day where the finale was stated as "have a hair-raising time with our Van Der Graaff generator!"

Van de graaff being the correct name of the generator in question Van der Graaf being an english rock band formed in 1967.

They also titled that section "Electrickery".

Probably doesn't need to be said but my children won't be going...

On 1/18/2022 at 8:13 AM, madandana said:

Looks like the effects have actually worn off a bit😂😂😂

Just came across one of my old album covers:

E78B8CF8-5DF0-4EF6-93FC-98D477B515EA.jpeg.8cff548ac8d59cfd0618311bf5ecf622.jpeg

• Haha 3