email: crystal balling on production and stock supply this year?

4 hours ago, Bijan said:

Yes and no. During the same period Cohibas were categorically never on sale (as far as I could tell, one retailer that had a bulk discount had a rule that it didn't apply to any Cohibas). Well maybe Siglo I and II were on sale, but I don't think CoRo and Sig VI were. So it makes sense to use sale prices for cheaper cigars and regular price for Cohibas (because there was no cheaper price for Cohibas). From my perspective Siglo VI and Esplendidos were high $800s low $900s and I've seen Siglo VI low $1000, Esplendidos $1100s recently. Maybe that window just passed but it's not too far off from the change in cheaper cigars.

Edit: if we talk longer term what you say is true, but by 2020 Cohiba was already priced up, before any other cigars were affected. So half of the long term increase doesn't show in the pandemic period.

CORO's used to be on sale on a regular basis thru the end of 2020.  25 cab.  Gone are those days.

• Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I receive this type of email "crystal balling on production and stock supply this year? weekly at the moment so I thought it best just to put my thoughts down and link to it here.  Feel free to c

this hobby has a high percentage of wealthier than average participants.  you see it on the "brag" threads (look at my car, my watch, my cigar case, my lighter, my coffee maker, etc) it'll k

That's really disheartening to hear, but not terribly unexpected to me.  I've been buying more than I need for quite some time now and it seems like it's not as stupid an idea as my wife makes it out

19 minutes ago, Monterey said:

CORO's used to be on sale on a regular basis thru the end of 2020.  25 cab.  Gone are those days.

Out of curiosity what was the price? I see a lot of people pining for $350-$380 a box but that seems like 2018 prices to me. I remember them being $450-$500.

5 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

I recall when I joined this board (2018) I saw the odd "clearance" box of CoRo just under $400

They used to be $350usd/box offered here not too many years ago. And I thought that was a ridiculous price for a box of cigars. I was buying RASS for $189/box. RASS and other robustos hitting the $300 ceiling? SMH

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 6:25 PM, asudevil08 said:

Time to introduce your friends to your nicaraguans.  

10-4 on that! 😉

2 hours ago, Bijan said:

Out of curiosity what was the price? I see a lot of people pining for $350-$380 a box but that seems like 2018 prices to me. I remember them being $450-$500.

The last time they were on sale was April of 2021 (sooner than I thought) for 495.  MAR box codes as well.  Prior to that, it was 412 when they went on sale.

Seems like almost a joke now that CORO would ever go on sale.

350-380 would be 2018 prices.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Monterey said:

The last time they were on sale was April of 2021 (sooner than I thought) for 495.  MAR box codes as well.  Prior to that, it was 412 when they went on sale.

Seems like almost a joke now that CORO would ever go on sale.

350-380 would be 2018 prices.

Checking my records, I last bought a box of CoRo in October 2017 for $371 USD from our gracious hosts.

• Like 1