Fat Bastid Diaries, Strategies, Recipes and updates

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am starting from 82.5Kg (181.5 pounds) dry weight and am aiming for 79kg  for this 12 weeks. I haven't been there since school.  Waist 34 inches. Goal 32 inches.  BMI 25  Goal 22  Vis

I used to workout everyday until 2014 and got 2 pretty serious injuries that kept me out of the gym. Since then I quickly increased from 6'7in 320 to a record 507lbs in April 2021 when I injured mysel

Five years ago my doctor told me I needed to lose weight and get my sugar down. He wanted me to lose 5 pounds and come back in 6 months for bloodwork. So I went on a diet of 1 boiled egg and a few pot

3 hours ago, Greenhorn2 said:

Five years ago my doctor told me I needed to lose weight and get my sugar down. He wanted me to lose 5 pounds and come back in 6 months for bloodwork. So I went on a diet of 1 boiled egg and a few potato chips for breakfast and the same for lunch. Eat whatever for dinner and drank tons of water. Went back 6 months later and the doctor asked me how did I manage to lose 36 pounds in 6 months? I told him liquor, cocaine and prostitutes will drop 30 pounds off of anyone.  He has never again said a word about my weight. But for all you fat bastids looking to drop a few pounds,  boiled eggs and water is something that you might consider trying. Really helped me drop weight.

That’s great!! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fosgate said:

Trim the excess fat off the pork butt

Nope. Nope. Nope. 😂

I leave it all on and cut off afterwards. But truth be known it probably makes no difference. 👍🏻

You left out the 4am cigar and the 10 am first beer. 😁

Smoking meat is life to me. Especially for the people who aren’t used to/ never had it and their faces light up on that first bite.

Priceless!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nevrknow said:

Nope. Nope. Nope. 😂

I leave it all on and cut off afterwards. But truth be known it probably makes no difference. 👍🏻

You left out the 4am cigar and the 10 am first beer. 😁

Smoking meat is life to me. Especially for the people who aren’t used to/ never had it and their faces light up on that first bite.

Priceless!

Exactly! Leave all the fat on for the smoke and take care of it after it's done. Less work up front and I actually think it turns out better in the end. 

Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal - Meal Prep is key! 

INGREDIENTS

• 3 cups (240 g) old fashioned oats
  • 2 scoops (60 g) vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tsp (4 g) baking powder
  • 4 medium (600 g) apples peeled
  • ¼ cup (48 g) brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp (8 g) cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp (28 g) butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups (480 g) skim milk
  • 5 tbsp (60 g) vanilla Greek yogurt optional for frosting

INSTRUCTIONS

FOR THE APPLES

• Wash and peel the apples. Cut them in half and remove the cores. Cut them into thin slices.
  • Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of butter and then add the apples.
  • Sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar over the top. Cook until the sugar has reduced and the apples have become soft.

FOR THE OATMEAL BAKE

• Preheat your oven to 375°F.
  • In a large bowl, mix together the oats, protein powder, and baking powder.
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and 1 tbsp of melted butter. Pour over the top of the apples and oats and mix.
  • Spray a 13"x9" pan with oil and add the oat mixture and apples.
  • Bake for 30-35 minutes.

PLATING

• This recipe makes 6 servings. Cut the oatmeal into 6 equal pieces. You can use vanilla greek yogurt as a frosting if you wish.

NUTRITION Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g

• Like 2

For those who don't like to exercise, I suggest my patented "Sleep Away Fat" diet. You sleep during breakfast, lunch and dinner... and in-between meals! Just watch the weight fall away! Best to have somebody on hand to change your IV. Even better results if you are in a coma. :P

37 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

For those who don't like to exercise, I suggest my patented "Sleep Away Fat" diet. You sleep during breakfast, lunch and dinner... and in-between meals! Just watch the weight fall away! Best to have somebody on hand to change your IV. Even better results if you are in a coma. :P

Just eat Powersauce bars Fuzz :P  https://thejoyofcookingmilhouse.home.blog/2020/06/16/powersauce-bars/

5 hours ago, benfica_77 said:

Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal - Meal Prep is key! 

INGREDIENTS

• 3 cups (240 g) old fashioned oats
  • 2 scoops (60 g) vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tsp (4 g) baking powder
  • 4 medium (600 g) apples peeled
  • ¼ cup (48 g) brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp (8 g) cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp (28 g) butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups (480 g) skim milk
  • 5 tbsp (60 g) vanilla Greek yogurt optional for frosting

INSTRUCTIONS

FOR THE APPLES

• Wash and peel the apples. Cut them in half and remove the cores. Cut them into thin slices.
  • Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of butter and then add the apples.
  • Sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar over the top. Cook until the sugar has reduced and the apples have become soft.

FOR THE OATMEAL BAKE

• Preheat your oven to 375°F.
  • In a large bowl, mix together the oats, protein powder, and baking powder.
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and 1 tbsp of melted butter. Pour over the top of the apples and oats and mix.
  • Spray a 13"x9" pan with oil and add the oat mixture and apples.
  • Bake for 30-35 minutes.

PLATING

• This recipe makes 6 servings. Cut the oatmeal into 6 equal pieces. You can use vanilla greek yogurt as a frosting if you wish.

NUTRITION Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g

I subscribed to his YouTube channel about a month ago.  He's got great recipes for meal prep and like you said, that is one of the keys for weight loss or keeping your weight in check like I try to do as I get older.

I lost my beer gut from not drinking beer for a few months. Ha ha! But seriously, I lost quite a bit of weight before Christmas and have kept it off. I don't know how much because I refuse to weigh myself. I don't think it's relevant. For me, it's all about feeling good. I realised I was bloated all the time and clearly overweight. Started to get a lot of indigestion because the guts were too big. Started at researching gut health and found some products that worked well - probiotics and then did a cleanse. I also experimented with cutting out milk and cheese and pasta and bread. Replaced it with corn, corn tortillas and potato. Found I was no longer bloated. I have always enjoyed the gym so got back into that and walked after dinner to aid digestion. Another thing was, that I drank more coffee so I stayed active and ate unsalted almonds when hungry. I also ate mostly seafood because the butcher had a good selection. Fish tacos were a staple. I treated myself every week with a beef dish, either a big fat juicy steak or a hearty beef stew. Something to look forward to. Luckily, I don't really like soft drinks like coke, unless cutting the grease after pizza or a splash with bourbon or rum. Made sure I drank lots of water too. The activity, coffee and gym most probably upped my metabolism, testosterone and lowered cortisol levels while the low carb/grain diet reduced sugar intake and the seafood reduced trans fats I guess. Everyone is different, and I'm no expert but it worked for me. Luckily, I like seafood and fatty fish oils and I've remained injury free, except for a few niggles here and there. Best to work into it and if something doesn't feel right or you've got a cold then don't do that thing. I also think, it's OK to treat yourself, otherwise it's just not living and no good for your wellbeing. Being happy and content will lower cortisol levels and you lose weight just through that. My heart goes out to those with bad backs and knees that limits activity. IMHO, just keep moving and rest will sort itself out. All the best guys. It's been a hard couple of years. Time to break the shackles and healthy body, healthy mind. Cheers.

• Like 2

• El Presidente changed the title to Fat Bastid Diaries, Strategies, Recipes and updates
9 hours ago, El Presidente said:

We are a week and a half in.......how are you faring? 

Still motivated or have you succumb to burgers and fries :D

I'm half and half. I'll do good,then binge eat chocolate.

• Sad 1

I am doing well so far. I switched my lunches to salads and have been enjoying putting them together in the morning. It’s typically romaine lettuce and spring mix with a variety of veggies, beans, and a little something crispy for texture. I found some fried jalapeño pieces at Trader Joe’s that make a great topper.

I have lost a little less than 4kg in a little more than 3 weeks since I first weighed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Here is some suggested tips that have helped me...

- After dinner I allow myself one glass of diluted orange juice to help with night sugar cravings that's it no eating until the morning. It's the easiest time to "mini-fast" since you sleep most of that period of time 

- Don't keep any snacks at home. Remove the temptations. Throw them out if it's home. 

- 90/10 rule. Stick to the diet plan 90% of the time and 10% of the week which means 2 or 3 meals are less healthy 

- On days I don't workout cut the carbs a bit and keep all the macros the same. 

Due to the lockdown recently ending here in Canada, I'm more focused trying to get my strength back. I'm 85%-90% of my peak. Hopefully two more weeks and then I will start cutting my calories...mostly carbs and fats very slowly for the remaining weeks of the challenge. Will do a body scan in a couple of weeks. 

Keep it up gents! 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 6:24 AM, JC67 said:

Fat bastard Diet Monday 21st Feb

Unfortunately I am not doing that well.. I work in an office full of people that love eating... these turned up this morning

image.png.3de4ac096578657930a4e5c8152d0a94.png.bfe420207fb7a3fdd0360fde8844c481.png

I'm doing a strict Keto, calorie deficit, no coke zero, no beer, no sugar, nothing exciting to eat-diet: so eating those donuts is all I want to do and I don't even care about the consequences. 

Alright, back to my cauliflower rice. It's not going to eat itself, and no one but me will either. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1