Best dish you have had in the last 30 days?

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Headed back to the States tomorrow, so for our last night in Mallorca, we decided to eat at the restaurant in our hotel. First course was locally caught prawn carpaccio, with beluga caviar and li

@Fuzz just for you Too many to choose from, last night in KL. Compilation of the past week. The cuisine here constantly blows my mind and palate.

My wife asked me what I wanted for birthday and I asked for a brunch. She made all of this by herself. One of the greatest meals I ever had.

8 hours ago, Bijan said:

Hadn't BBQ'd much in a while.

Did a beef tenderloin.

I need to try this. Been doing packer briskets and plate ribs so far this year. Looks off the chain delicious.👍🏻

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ChicagoRob said:

I stopped going to steak houses (for the most part) around 2 years ago when I realized I could make a killer steak at home myself.

The wife wanted Filet for Mother’s Day so I was planning on reverse searing her and the kids filets on the BGE today. Unfortunately we got some bad news which changed our plans and as a result I had to “fall back” to a cast iron skillet inside as I was pressed on time.

Filets came out great but damn was I stoked when I made my first cut into my ribeye and took a look. Honestly probably the best steak I’ve had in 2 years (which included 2 trips to Mastros [1 in Chicago & 1 in LA]).

Loaded mashed potatoes and a little bit of the kids macncheese on the sides.

I cook practically all my steaks in the trusty cast iron. Just seems to seal the flavor in the steak.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Meanwhile. I'll be partaking in the can of chunk light tuna, lovingly marinated in a Kikkoman soy sauce. 😄

The camel feta has some intrigue for me, as do the local cheeses...

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

The mushroom special in Bar Soriano in Logroño. It’s the only dish they do. Fried mushrooms on a piece of bread with a shrimp on top, a “secret sauce” of butter, olive oil, garlic and salt. One of my favorite dishes in the world and 1 euro. This was last Sunday.

908A10B6-087A-4D68-98ED-B163C5F0A08F.jpeg.6b3133253be138d5a5831e3a32d7da77.jpeg

Man those are good! Love Logroño! Cheers! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

Vaca Vieja (retired Galician dairy cow) with a local red in Restaurant La Teja, La Manga last night comes second.

DE643794-8178-4A45-949E-FEE5B831F1E1.jpeg.b9ebd51f05c7a742ca5303e46903d7b6.jpeg

Love that dish! 

My Spanish mate/chef Javier serves it at Moda here in Brisbane. He sources the "retired" dairy cows from Tasmania. 

• 3 weeks later...