MLB 2022

MoeFOH

Cubs fan checking in. Gonna be a weird year without our (former) cornerstone players outside of Contreras (who is pretty much on the block too). 

Lotta new faces. We'll see how it all goes. 

• Like 3

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two Aussie baseball tragics, @JohnS and I (the handsome chaps below), are starting this thread for all things MLB season 2022...  Spring Training, Trades, Regular Season, Post Season... jump on i

Hey @Chas.Alpha I’ll see you your Hall of Fame pitcher and manager and raise you a hall of famer of my own. I met Ricky Henderson in Cabo back in 2010 the year after he was inducted. Wife and I were w

Blue Jays fan. They’ve taken a good team and added some big pieces. Should be a good year but the AL East is always a grind. 

9 hours ago, JohnS said:

I'm still positively reeling from the notion that the Mets have Max Scherzer and Jacob de Grom pitching on the same team, let alone the other players we have acquired this off-season! Of course, I'm looking forward to the start of baseball soon and I look forward to the upcoming banter and discussions throughout the season!

The Phillies had twice as many “aces” on their roster in 2011 and lost in the WC round. Playoffs is 90% luck - how else did the Giants win 3 championships in 6 years?!

• Haha 1

You know you're in for a long season when you start cursing Grapefruit League results... :D the Sox lost their game to the Twins today, and we're now 6-1. Godammit!! The perfect record gone... ;)

All jokes aside, I wonder how much stock other fans put into ST results? I tend to believe they're largely inconsequential but still... you want to at least see your team getting some semblance of their shit together early on, right?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

You know you're in for a long season when you start cursing Grapefruit League results... :D the Sox lost their game to the Twins today, and we're now 6-1. Godammit!! The perfect record gone... ;)

All jokes aside, I wonder how much stock other fans put into ST results? I tend to believe they're largely inconsequential but still... you want to at least see your team getting some semblance of their shit together early on, right?

None. In general this is a good look at the prospects that will be back down in AAA by the time the season starts. The starters are just doing calisthenics at this point. 🤔

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

The Phillies had twice as many “aces” on their roster in 2011 and lost in the WC round. Playoffs is 90% luck - how else did the Giants win 3 championships in 6 years?!

Bro, too soon…

That one hurt so bad. Really thought it was Halliday’s ring that year, would’ve been special. That and Cody *bleeping* Ross in 2010 sting still. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Yardley said:

Bro, too soon…

That one hurt so bad. Really thought it was Halliday’s ring that year, would’ve been special. That and Cody *bleeping* Ross in 2010 sting still. 

I will never forget Halladay’s exhausted expression as Manuel thanked him in the dugout upon being pulled from game 5. Guy pitched his heart out over 8 innings of one-run ball, wanted to win so bad, and he knew as well as we the lineup was gonna finish the total choke with a goose egg.

Literally one of the most depressing things I’ve ever seen in sports, that moment.

• Like 2

As usual, the only White Sox fan here (though considering all the Cubans on the team, it seems like there should be more on this site). The team doesn't have a lot of depth, but if everyone's healthy they should make the playoffs again (knock on wood). Robert could end up being up there with the best in the game, but everything has to go right with the rotation/injuries for another division title.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Hopefully for Mets fans they can both stay healthy all season. Looking forward to baseball season after March Madness winds down!

With the Mets medical staff, Scherzer is going to be out with foul humors, and DeGrom will be afflicted by hysteria.  But fingers crossed for the Mets.  Would be an absolute beast of a rotation. 

• Like 1

My Jays are looking solid this year. They made some solid moves in the infield with Chapman and their starting rotation. If they can remain healthy and we make a few moves to strengthen up the pen…. Look out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, havanaclub said:

My Jays are looking solid this year. They made some solid moves in the infield with Chapman and their starting rotation. If they can remain healthy and we make a few moves to strengthen up the pen…. Look out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You scored Gausman. Be interesting to see if he can repeat the magic.

• Like 3

Ok, so Opening Day is coming upon us soon (Thursday April 7th with 9 scheduled games that day). Let's discuss who won the off-season with trades and acquisitions. According to the following MLB article...

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-teams-that-had-best-2022-offseason

they have it between the following teams:

• New York Mets
  • Texas Rangers
  • Toronto Blue Jays
  • Minnesota Twins
  • Atlanta Braves
  • Seattle Mariners

In addition another six teams get honourable mentions in that articles; namely the Detroit Tigers, Chicago Cubs, San Francisco Giants, Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies and Boston Red Sox. So how did you team fare? Did your team have the best winter this year?

I like the moves that the Blue Jays made but the AL East is still going to be a dog fight. In general a lot of teams really seem to be loading up and the overall level of talent in the league seems to keep going up. 
As always they key is going to be having good depth because injuries are inevitable. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, JohnS said:

Ok, so Opening Day is coming upon us soon (Thursday April 7th with 9 scheduled games that day). Let's discuss who won the off-season with trades and acquisitions. According to the following MLB article...

• New York Mets
  • Texas Rangers
  • Toronto Blue Jays
  • Minnesota Twins
  • Atlanta Braves
  • Seattle Mariners

In addition another six teams get honourable mentions in that articles; namely the Detroit Tigers, Chicago Cubs, San Francisco Giants, Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies and Boston Red Sox. So how did you team fare? Did your team have the best winter this year?

God help me if there’s another Braves/Twins World Series. I may have to hit up a FOH brother for a place to crash for a couple of weeks... 😔

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, JohnS said:

• New York Mets
  • Texas Rangers
  • Toronto Blue Jays
  • Minnesota Twins
  • Atlanta Braves
  • Seattle Mariners

I like the off-season moves we've (Red Sox) made... I've become used to the more low-key trades in the Chaim Bloom era. Story looks a solid signing. Still think we've got a very nice full-strength line-up but will suffer badly with a few key injuries - especially with pitching. 

Dodgers, Mets, Blue Jays... look scary to me. LA have looked that way ever since they nicked Mookie off us, right @Wailbait, @BigGuns:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

LA have looked that way ever since they nicked Mookie off us, right @Wailbait, @BigGuns:D

Lol!  “Nicked Mookie off” you…all the Sox had to do was not nickel and dime the man and all would be good at Fenway. Happy they didn’t!!!

Now we just need Manfried to stop screwing around and free Bauer

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

I like the off-season moves we've (Red Sox) made... I've become used to the more low-key trades in the Chaim Bloom era. Story looks a solid signing. Still think we've got a very nice full-strength line-up but will suffer badly with a few key injuries - especially with pitching. 

Dodgers, Mets, Blue Jays... look scary to me. LA have looked that way ever since they nicked Mookie off us, right @Wailbait, @BigGuns:D

I’ll be totally honest - as a lifelong Dodgers fan I’m Terrified!!!  I’m not sure there has been a more powerful offensive line in history!  That’s terrible!  We need to be squeezed a little to play.  Hubris is not our strong suit.  Very scared.  

• Like 1

Royals signed Greinke...again! Guy just keeps moving around making huge $$$$. He is still affective and has learned to pitch as has lost the heat on fastball. Basically brought in to help with our young staff. Royals fans anxious to see what Bobby Witt Jr and what he can bring to the table. Hopefully Mondesi can stay healthy as he is constantly injured. Salvador Perez had his best season last year. Hopefully continues. 

• Like 1