MLB 2022

MoeFOH

9 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

I've barely had time to take in much of the Sox' season thus far... and that's probably a good thing...

9-14 record. And the Yanks eyeing 11 straight... 

Things are looking bleak. :cofcig:

7 hours ago, BigGuns said:

It’s only May, brother, hang in there!

Yes, remember it's only May and it's Baseball. Anything may and will happen by this time next month!

• Like 1

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two Aussie baseball tragics, @JohnS and I (the handsome chaps below), are starting this thread for all things MLB season 2022...  Spring Training, Trades, Regular Season, Post Season... jump on i

Hey @Chas.Alpha I’ll see you your Hall of Fame pitcher and manager and raise you a hall of famer of my own. I met Ricky Henderson in Cabo back in 2010 the year after he was inducted. Wife and I were w

Blue Jays fan. They’ve taken a good team and added some big pieces. Should be a good year but the AL East is always a grind. 

On 5/7/2022 at 12:08 AM, KCCubano said:

@JohnS. Saw some crazy stat today that Mets were like 2-683 or something like that when trailing by 6+ runs in 9th. Well they made it 3 last night! 

Yeah, well I still can't believe it. And you're right, being down 6 runs at the top of the 9th gives you a 0.2% of victory, usually. This game, plus the comeback against St Louis where 5 unanswered runs were scored in the 9th after being shutout and of course the combined no-hitter has made it a fun April. But I'm not counting anything yet. Let's just see how May turns out!

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JohnS said:

So we are just past one-third of the way through the 2022 season. How is your team faring ?

My Giants April was fantastic, May was brutal. The staff literally forgot how to pitch. The offense has been surprisingly very good. I think the staff will figure it out, probably too late for a run at the division but we’ll be a very dangerous playoff team if Webb and Rodon are dominating. 

• Like 1

Giants are not firing on all cylinders , The defense yesterday was abominable. The starting pitching is not as sharp as it could be. Bullpen has improved,but without run support we won't be contenders, The good news is we have some players on the IL,and the front office has been proactive in trying to build up our farm system. The future definitely looks promising. I just think after winning 107 games last season expectations were up, Realistically we are probably a couple years away from really seeing what Farhan has in mind. Joc Pederson has been fun to watch. We have a rookie kid named Luis Gonzalez who has been impressive as well.

• Like 1

As an Angels fan, I wish the season had ended early may 😂 we were scoring and pitching was outstanding during the first month and a half of the season. fast forward a month, we had a 14 game losing streak, fired Joe Maddon, several key players got hurt, and somehow we are still in second place in our division! We went from possibly contending for a WS to hoping for a Wild card spot. We have the Mets in town for a 3 game series followed by 2 @ the Dodgers, wish us luck!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KCCubano said:

X Royals have worst record in baseball. Pretty hard to watch. Will jump back in when NHL and NBA seasons done. 

Don’t get ahead of yourself buddy. My reds still have (or have not?) a half game on you!

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 5:28 PM, JohnS said:

So we are just past one-third of the way through the 2022 season. How is your team faring ?

I am a Yankees fan and I am stunned at their amazing start--they obviously had the talent to contend but there were weaknesses that could have burned them.  Several lesser known players have stepped up and contributed just enough to steal some extra games here and there.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, D8F4 said:

Rough season so far for white sox fans

Part of good/bad is with your manager. I thought Muncy getting all faux incense cause Turner  was intentionally walked on a 1-2 count I thought was more Dodgers bs drama. Tony’s been around a long time and he went with the gut this time but the Sox have a talented team and they’re underperforming for him. 

They kick in the nut$ this past week is the Phillies. They fire Girardi and all of a sudden they’re world beaters??? I’m a Mets fan and I have a special dislike for anything Yankees related, but Joe’s a good manager. Just like Maddon I thought Girardi deserved more rope. The Phillies have a bigger gripe than the Halos cause they’re payroll is like 230MM. Girardi can’t get outs coming in from the bullpen. That’s gonna be Philadelphia’s undoing. Their bullpen sux. Braves playing much better too but the Mets need to forget about the rear view mirror. You do you. All these teams are full of professional ball players with egos and pride. They all want to win. AL and NL East are by far the most competitive divisions respectively. 

#LFGM

• Like 2

Rays are playing like the Rays. We have almost all of our top bullpen guys hurt and our top starter in Glasnow. We still manage to win games and are hanging in there right now. We need some guys to get healthy (Wander mainly) and then we can make a run. Overall we are a good team that should make the playoffs and with any luck we can give the Yankees a run. Summer and early fall should be interesting. RaysUp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

Part of good/bad is with your manager. I thought Muncy getting all faux incense cause Turner  was intentionally walked on a 1-2 count I thought was more Dodgers bs drama. Tony’s been around a long time and he went with the gut this time but the Sox have a talented team and they’re underperforming for him. 

They kick in the nut$ this past week is the Phillies. They fire Girardi and all of a sudden they’re world beaters??? I’m a Mets fan and I have a special dislike for anything Yankees related, but Joe’s a good manager. Just like Maddon I thought Girardi deserved more rope. The Phillies have a bigger gripe than the Halos cause they’re payroll is like 230MM. Girardi can’t get outs coming in from the bullpen. That’s gonna be Philadelphia’s undoing. Their bullpen sux. Braves playing much better too but the Mets need to forget about the rear view mirror. You do you. All these teams are full of professional ball players with egos and pride. They all want to win. AL and NL East are by far the most competitive divisions respectively. 

#LFGM

Phillies did it to Gabe Kapler as well. They deserve to suck.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

#LFGM

NL East going from the NL Easy to the most exciting NL division over the course of the last three or four seasons has been really great.  If the Mets can get Scherzer and De Grom on the hill in the same rotation, they’re going to be the NL Beast.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shrimpchips said:

NL East going from the NL Easy to the most exciting NL division over the course of the last three or four seasons has been really great.  If the Mets can get Scherzer and De Grom on the hill in the same rotation, they’re going to be the NL Beast.   

No doubt the Mets are a contender when healthy. Loaded with talent.

• Like 1

Braves are on a roll.  Great pitching and finally some timely hitting.  

Should get interesting...it always does...between the Braves and the Mets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BREAKING NEWS: The San Francisco Giants sweep the first place Los Angeles Scrubs,cutting their standings spot to just 3 and a half games out of first. The Colorado Jabronis managed a win somehow over the Padres,a team still nobody cares about. 

:violin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

BREAKING NEWS: The San Francisco Giants sweep the first place Los Angeles Scrubs,cutting their standings spot to just 3 and a half games out of first. The Colorado Jabronis managed a win somehow over the Padres,a team still nobody cares about. 

:violin:

Well they have a 3 game set with my lowly Royals. Giants should sweep!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, KCCubano said:

Well they have a 3 game set with my lowly Royals. Giants should sweep!

I don't know about that.  The bad teams seem to do better against the Giants

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ford2112 said:

I don't know about that.  The bad teams seem to do better against the Giants

Well the Royals do have one of worst records in baseball. Their so called ace just got roughed up by Orioles! Think they called up Charlie Sheen to pitch

• Haha 2