Gincredible! How And Why Gin Went From Murderous Swill To 007-Level Cool

very kind. but that is from ages ago. yesterday's was actually also on gin - hendricks. 

also, that one above is only part one - this was the second part (if i may). looks at some of the truly bizarre gins from around the world. https://quillandpad.com/2020/08/18/gintastic-the-weird-and-wonderful-world-of-todays-oddball-gins-warning-some-are-just-mad-as-a-hatter/

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

very kind. but that is from ages ago. yesterday's was actually also on gin - hendricks. 

also, that one above is only part one - this was the second part (if i may). looks at some of the truly bizarre gins from around the world. https://quillandpad.com/2020/08/18/gintastic-the-weird-and-wonderful-world-of-todays-oddball-gins-warning-some-are-just-mad-as-a-hatter/

I thought it the better one :D

6 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i bow to your obvious good taste. 

Gin Palace in Melbourne was one of the best and coolest bars in the city in early 2000's. Loved that place. Hideously expensive and took ages to get a drink but at least you'd know you were getting top quality. Negroni, Singapore Sling and dirty Martini among my fav cocktails. Interesting read, especially how London Dry Gin is pure without any botanicals. Cheers. Hmmm... damn you Ken. Best make a Negroni then.

13 hours ago, riderpride said:

Gin and blueberry-pomegranate V8 fusion has gotten me through many sunday mornings. Really loving the Empress right now 

Cheers!

Empress 1908 Gin 750ml | Uptown Spirits™

I will second on Empress Gin.  A friend introduced it to me last summer.  Makes a beautiful cocktail.

20210603_203344.jpg

• Like 2

*During the days of my drinking, experimental years - I could drink almost ANYTHING. But I could never drink Gin. I ALWAYS got a headache out of this world!  Only Wild Turkey and 100 Proof Vodka would do to me what Gin did. 

16 hours ago, Bill Hayes said:

Gin Palace in Melbourne was one of the best and coolest bars in the city in early 2000's. Loved that place. Hideously expensive and took ages to get a drink but at least you'd know you were getting top quality. Negroni, Singapore Sling and dirty Martini among my fav cocktails. Interesting read, especially how London Dry Gin is pure without any botanicals. Cheers. Hmmm... damn you Ken. Best make a Negroni then.

bill, if one was in Melbourne for any sort of wine event or otherwise, the gin palace was absolutely inevitable. wonderful place. 

• Like 1

Whenever I even think about trying, and then regretting, Gin, I cant help but think of the Paul Newman scene from The Sting.  "Always drink gin with the mark, kid, you cant tell if you're cutting."  

That stops me ... most of the time.  

• Like 1

Gin is the young mans (and ladies) game. 

We have "gin bars" here that really draw the 19-30 year old crowd. 

Not sure if it was the infusion, or simply because it's different (and we all know we want to be different from our parents when we are young), but gin is popular among the Mills and Zeds. 

• Thanks 1