Which "commoner" always brings the twang?

Your buddy in the well-stocked cigar store is a veteran NC smoker. You have your choice of one common, regular production stick with which to introduce your friend to "dat Cuban twang". Production years and box codes being unavailable/unreliable and all else being equal, what's the consistently twang-forward cigar, year in and out, that you grab to make the introduction?

• Like 3

I wouldn't waste my time nor cigars trying to "convert" a NC cigar smoker to Cubans. Since most B&M cigar stores in the USA denigrate Cubans as garbage, why bother? Since they are in business to sell NC cigars it would be a conflict of interest if they said Cubans are great and encouraged their patrons to smoke Cuban. 

• Like 1

Upmann No. 2 or VR Unicos are consistent cigars like the Juan Lopez No. 2.  Juan Lopez is a good enough choice on its own.  Not too expensive when he compares it to what he probably already smokes in price.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SCgarman said:

I wouldn't waste my time nor cigars trying to "convert" a NC cigar smoker to Cubans. Since most B&M cigar stores in the USA denigrate Cubans as garbage, why bother? Since they are in business to sell NC cigars it would be a conflict of interest if they said Cubans are great and encouraged their patrons to smoke Cuban. 

This hypothetical scenario isn't about trying to convert anyone; just demonstrating differences and what's out there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canadianbeaver said:

Innis & Gunn beer

Fabulous beers.  'Their Rum Cask', and 'Mangoes on the Run'. are both epic

4 hours ago, Doctorossi said:

"dat Cuban twang"

Current Punch Punch 2020-22 are bursting with juicy cuban 'twang'.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For an NC lover…my answer is almost always a PSD4. Gets’em damn near every time. 

Enough spice to appease to a profile they may be accustomed, but enough ‘twang’ to give em’ one of these moments. Sometimes, not always 

4324D673-6E6A-41A6-83B4-9C4863B1A8F1.gif

• Like 4

Punch Punch and JL all day long. 

Sancho Panza  and Raphael Gonzalez notables as well. 

• Like 2

Great post…I feel like I forgot what that Cuban “twang” feels/tastes like. It certainly isn’t anywhere near the experience I had when I was first introduced. Going to give it a go with the most popular recommendations here to see if I can replicate it. I’m sure if the thread goes long enough, every marca/vitola will be mentioned

• Like 2

On 4/27/2022 at 9:28 PM, BigGuns said:

Great post…I feel like I forgot what that Cuban “twang” feels/tastes like. It certainly isn’t anywhere near the experience I had when I was first introduced. Going to give it a go with the most popular recommendations here to see if I can replicate it. I’m sure if the thread goes long enough, every marca/vitola will be mentioned

I feel the same way. I still remember my wow moments early on, and although I love what I get from a CC when it’s on, it’s not quite the same. 

• Like 2