NFL Draft Talk?

Chiefs had decent draft. Needed secondary help and edge rusher which they picked up. Now we need to replace the irreplacable Tyreek Hill. Doubt Tua will be able to connect with him like Mahomes did. AFC West got much stronger so it will be more difficult to win the division for 7th straight year. 

• Like 2

Still trying to piece together what the Vikings did... Traded away the 12th overall pick for a couple of 3rd rounders and another hairbrained trade with Indianapolis. I'm waiting for the smoke to clear. :confused:

• Like 2

I think my Bengals had a solid draft.  Almost all picks were defense. They shored up the offensive line earlier this year with 3 free agents.  

• Like 2

Falcons are in full rebuild mode and looking for a QB after the trade of Matt Ryan to the Colts. I'm liking new HC,  Arthur Smith,  and new GM,  TF.  This will be a long season for the Falcons,  but hopefully starting a foundation for 2023 and 2024. 

• Like 3

Bears draft doesn't really matter this year since they had no picks in the first round.  Kept trading down to pick up extra bodies which they will need this year.  I predict Bears tanking bad to setup for a quality draft position for next year. 3-4 wins at most for the beloved this year. 😩  Or maybe it will just look like tanking. 

• Like 3

commodes had an okay draft, i think. usual stories that a couple of picks might have been reaches. they'll look geniuses if the WR they traded back for, to restock a few picks in the 2nd and 3rd, works. apparently not a big guy but we keep being told best hands in the draft and he is quick. desean jackson like pick at best. worst? spare me. otherwise, a decent DT in the 2nd, which we needed since we inexplicably dumped a couple of very good ones and might trade payne if the scuttlebutt accurate. 

the really interesting one could be sam howell. i am sure there are people who know way more about him than i do but lot of unrest going in with wentz as QB. this guy was mocked to us in the 2nd round a lot (even if we didn't have a 2nd round pick for much of that time). so to get him in the 5th might be a huge steal. apparently a very good prospective QB but who knows with QBs these days. law of averages, we have to get a decent one eventually. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I'm waiting for the smoke to clear. :confused:

You're in the wrong place bud ;)

• Haha 3

Texans had first round draft picks for a change. Pretty happy with the needs they addressed. Anxious to see what Stingley can do. Just hope his health isn't an issue. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

commodes had an okay draft, i think. usual stories that a couple of picks might have been reaches. they'll look geniuses if the WR they traded back for, to restock a few picks in the 2nd and 3rd, works. apparently not a big guy but we keep being told best hands in the draft and he is quick. desean jackson like pick at best. worst? spare me. otherwise, a decent DT in the 2nd, which we needed since we inexplicably dumped a couple of very good ones and might trade payne if the scuttlebutt accurate. 

the really interesting one could be sam howell. i am sure there are people who know way more about him than i do but lot of unrest going in with wentz as QB. this guy was mocked to us in the 2nd round a lot (even if we didn't have a 2nd round pick for much of that time). so to get him in the 5th might be a huge steal. apparently a very good prospective QB but who knows with QBs these days. law of averages, we have to get a decent one eventually. 

I give the Commies a B on this draft.

• Like 1

Best I’ve felt about an Eagles draft in at least a decade. Two first round talents (Davis and Dean) plus AJ Brown, and they still have two first-round picks next year. Secondary still a major hole but otherwise hard to quibble. If the drama over Dean’s health turns out to be much ado about nothing, it’s an A+ (although draft grades this soon are fairly meaningless). 

23 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

I think Dotson was a stretch at 16. They must feel good about him to trade back with another team looking to draft a receiver. They at least got decent value. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, anacostiakat said:

I give the Commies a B on this draft.

at this stage, seems about right. but like Mr B says below, largely meaningless at this stage. if sam H turns out to be our starting QB and a good one, then this could be A+++. i he does not and no one else excels, D. won't know for a few years. 

saw something which covered our drafts for the last decade or so. i think the oldest drafted player we have is jonathan allen who was drafted in 2017. so if we are on course, in 4-5 years, none of these latest drafted players will even be with us at that stage. 

7 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

Best I’ve felt about an Eagles draft in at least a decade. Two first round talents (Davis and Dean) plus AJ Brown, and they still have two first-round picks next year. Secondary still a major hole but otherwise hard to quibble. If the drama over Dean’s health turns out to be much ado about nothing, it’s an A+ (although draft grades this soon are fairly meaningless). 

Nakobi Dean is a stud.  He was the quarterback of Georgia's defense.  A true instinctive go-to-the-ball athlete.  I think there are some major injury concerns.  I hope he shows all the doubters wrong as he has a lot of heart.  

7 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

I think Dotson was a stretch at 16. They must feel good about him to trade back with another team looking to draft a receiver. They at least got decent value. 

i know little about him but they are saying he has the best hands in the draft - apparently they measure these things, i assume by fewest % of drops. and also good speed. olave seems more highly regarded but it was olave or dotson and then two more players. given the hit/miss ratio in any draft, probably makes that a no-brainer. they got a 3rd and a 4th. they used the 3rd on the new RB. (i believe that had London still been there, they would have taken him with the original pick). 

but wait, there is more.

they then traded the 4th to carolina for two 5ths (i think we also gave a low pick - 7th?) as well. with those two 5ths, we got sam howell and a new huge TE. we desperately needed a new and a big TE. who knows how good he'll be. 

but sam H was mocked to us in the 2nd regularly (even when we didn't have a 2nd). a year ago, he was in the debate for the top QB in the draft. so getting him might be the steal of the year. 

so in the end, it meant that instead of olave, we got dotson, robinson (the new RB), our new giant TE and sam H, a potential franchise QB. nothing guaranteed, but i know which option i'd have taken. i think the team will be happy with that.

now, if only we could undraft snyder. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Smokin911 said:

Nakobi Dean is a stud.  He was the quarterback of Georgia's defense.  A true instinctive go-to-the-ball athlete.  I think there are some major injury concerns.  I hope he shows all the doubters wrong as he has a lot of heart.  

That whole injury situation is bizarre. All these teams are spooked but Birds are sure he’ll be ready for rookie camp? We’ll see who was right soon enough. 

14 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

i know little about him but they are saying he has the best hands in the draft - apparently they measure these things, i assume by fewest % of drops. and also good speed. olave seems more highly regarded but it was olave or dotson and then two more players. given the hit/miss ratio in any draft, probably makes that a no-brainer. they got a 3rd and a 4th. they used the 3rd on the new RB. (i believe that had London still been there, they would have taken him with the original pick). 

but wait, there is more.

they then traded the 4th to carolina for two 5ths (i think we also gave a low pick - 7th?) as well. with those two 5ths, we got sam howell and a new huge TE. we desperately needed a new and a big TE. who knows how good he'll be. 

but sam H was mocked to us in the 2nd regularly (even when we didn't have a 2nd). a year ago, he was in the debate for the top QB in the draft. so getting him might be the steal of the year. 

so in the end, it meant that instead of olave, we got dotson, robinson (the new RB), our new giant TE and sam H, a potential franchise QB. nothing guaranteed, but i know which option i'd have taken. i think the team will be happy with that.

now, if only we could undraft snyder. 

I watched Dotson quite a bit last year as we get the Penn State games locally here.  He can play.  Yea.  Sadly we can not trade Snyder.  :tantrum: