Travel Diary: and we're off!

7 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Great choice with that apartment! I noticed it has a fire blanket..... :rolleyes: And you'd better check where the smoke alarm is.:P

That was my thought as well! And a robe handy so you don’t greet the fire brigade starkers again!

Had I known you were going to No.6 Cavendish, I would have told Ajay you’d be picking up my tab. I saw those Kon Tiki and was sorely tempted. Had a Monroe Supremos instead and a couple Negronis and blackout.
If you are in the neighborhood, there is a nice Italian restaurant within sight of Ajay’s called 2 Venetti. Address is 10 Wigmore. Very tasty.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No good news ever comes from being called to the Qantas lounge service desk.  "Mr Ayala...please come to the service desk and see one of the customer service representatives".  Over the year

Having a cigar or two at City Cigar lounge. Love the place! Oliva Melanio Churchill is excellent.

Jersey is absolutely breathtaking. I arrived to a long lunch in town with Stu and some friends. Great people. Cigars and drinks on the terrace before Rob flew in at six.  Then the party

1 hour ago, ha_banos said:

Anything going on Saturday?

I have lunch arranged with JDC Saturday. 

Always interesting....who knows how it will pan out? :rolleyes:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RichUK said:

You couldn’t have picked a better time to come, the weather has been fantastic this week and should be even better next.

It has been superb!

Heading off to the Chelsea Arts Club today for a long lunch with John De Costa.  It is about an hour walk from Soho but as long as the rain holds off, I would love the walk. 

• Like 2

Have a look at local large-ish supermarkets Rob, most should have a stand with reading glasses and sunnies on them.

Any pound shop will normally have some too.

Won't be as interesting visiting them as what you've been up to so far but hopefully you'll be able to see a bit more after!

13 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Have a look at local large-ish supermarkets Rob, most should have a stand with reading glasses and sunnies on them.

Any pound shop will normally have some too.

Won't be as interesting visiting them as what you've been up to so far but hopefully you'll be able to see a bit more after!

That's his problem. Without glasses, he can't see those stands with the glasses!! :lol:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, MossybackR said:

Ooooh! An ‘89 Figeac!

what were the fox's thinking? why not just tip it down the sink? oh the inhumanity. that is just cruel. 

love jersey. spent four days there many years ago (3 1/2 in the durrell zoo). 

• Haha 3

Just now, Fuzz said:

You stayed at the Durrell Zoo? Must have been running out of things to exhibit.... :P

very amusing. do you do childrens' parties? 

and a bit rich given you are an endangered species.

didn't stay at the zoo. just went every day but on the fourth day, the oldies insisted i spend half a day with the family. as a kid, all i wanted to be was a zookeeper. 

• Like 2

@El Presidente Can I ask what your travel setup looks like? What cigars do you typically pack and what do you use for a travel humidor? Or is all this not needed since you're probably offered a good selection by JJ Fox

• Like 1

Mary Chutnay is also my favourite indian in London , just behind the corner you should go to have the best Vesper Martini at Duke's hotel.

Envious of all your good walks;-)

• Like 2

Point of order Chaps. It's Chutney Mary, not Mary Chutney...

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Akela3rd said:

Point of order Chaps. It's Chutney Mary, not Mary Chutney...

Sent by spooky action at a distance

You sure you don't want some chutney made from Mary? :P