21 Montecristo no 1, opinions??

Curious if anyone has fired up recent production Monte No 1 and how they have been? How have boxes looked? Codes? Thoughts? Concerns? Thanks 😁

4 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The good news is they come in tubes, so Monica will be happy.

😂

Actually, the no. 1 only comes in DB 25 now. The Monte Tubos are Coronas Grandes (not Cervantes/Lonsdales).

7 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The 20-21s I've had were good but not great. I'd prefer the 3, 4 and 5 personally. 

The good news is they come in tubes, so Monica will be happy.

LOL

I just had a ‘20 #1 the other week. It was nice, but not as full flavored as a 5 yr old Edmundo or an Especiales #2. Still a great cigar though!

10 minutes ago, tom153 said:

LOL

I just had a ‘20 #1 the other week. It was nice, but not as full flavored as a 5 yr old Edmundo or an Especiales #2. Still a great cigar though!

Do you see promise though? Have you had fresh Esp w also? 

Absolutely see them developing more cocoa and chocolate notes with a bit more age. Last time I had a fresh Espy 2 was about 10 years ago and they are way better with age on them. To put it into context, I have ‘20 and ‘21 boxes of Espy 2s right now, but I won’t touch them and am smoking ‘16s.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tom153 said:

Absolutely see them developing more cocoa and chocolate notes with a bit more age. Last time I had a fresh Espy 2 was about 10 years ago and they are way better with age on them. To put it into context, I have ‘20 and ‘21 boxes of Espy 2s right now, but I won’t touch them and am smoking ‘16s.

Excellent. I have boxes of both 1 and Esp 2 coming. Just curious what I have in store 

1 hour ago, Bijan said:

😂

Actually, the no. 1 only comes in DB 25 now. The Monte Tubos are Coronas Grandes (not Cervantes/Lonsdales).

For Monica they make them in Cervixantes?

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

For Monica they make them in Cervixantes?

I believe Monica was partial to Gurkhas. And by the way, where is that stained blue dress anyway? 🤪

I love the MC#1. Give them a little time and make sure the they're not too moist and have at them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Verulam said:

Heard there’s a bit of plugged ones going around rn …not sure of box codes but saw multiple posts about it recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late 2019 1’s had a rash of total plugs, so far haven’t seen anything like that in 2020-2021, but YMMV.

• Thanks 1