Davidoff The Late Hour review

Was looking over my notes on this one, I had:

The Churchill and Robusto/Toro smoked very differently. The Churchill had that classic Davidoff mushroom note and it was far more subtle. The Robusto / Toro (which smoked very similar) was the preferred vitola for me.

• Like 1

Most here likely don't even know who STP is. Too bad Weiland killed himself with heroin. What a senseless waste. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

21 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

They were great. 

Purple is still in my rotation ....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Purple is still in my rotation ....

I love it! 12 gracious melodies hasn't left my vehicle system in months!

1 hour ago, JLH said:

The Late Hour is probably the worst cigar made by Davidoff IMO.

Jason

Obviously seeing how this thread turned into an STP thread!!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ford2112 said:

Obviously seeing how this thread turned into an STP thread!!

LMAO. I didn't get to hang with the guys but other musos I worked with were homeboys and played with them on their SNL appearance. And, being a recovered addict, stories like Scott's hit me hard. 

Here is their rehearsal where they are introduced as Stone Temple Pilot. lol. 

On 5/6/2022 at 7:44 AM, Ford2112 said:

Churchill. Date unknown purchased at the local B&M. I liked the name and had seen it advertised so a few months ago I got it and tossed it in the humidor. 68/65. Figured with all the craziness going on with Habanos and whatnot I would smoke it and give a review. Giants lost again tonight so I needed nicotine.

1st 3rd. Pre light the draw was easy but not a wind tunnel. Flavors of lite spice and tobacco. Nothing noteworthy . Wrapper had a nice sheen to it. I like the label. Opened up with a bit of smooth tobacco ,leathery,maybe a bit of pepper.  Not unpleasant. Not mind blowing.

2nd third. A bit more of the same. Maybe a bit more spice but not much progression. I find this cigar pleasant enough. Good smoke output and stellar construction.  Razor burn all through. 

Final 3rd. More pepper now.  Pretty much just straight tobacco. No real edges though. The retro is a bit harsh. Overall I'd say these aren't worth the coin. But I would smoke one if it were a gift. STPs 2nd album playing . Dean DeLeo is an underrated guitar 🎸 player. Nice evening. Cigar rated to me an 88/100. Overall smoke time was 1 hour 30 minutes. Cheers!

20220505_221920.jpg

I’m totally with you here. These were hyped up and I bought 10 or so - 6 or so in and I’ve had one that’s okay’ish but just doesn’t live up to the hype. Some talk of whisky notes from the cask ageing but I don’t get any of that. 

On the other hand, the white label Davidoff Winston Churchill Churchill (the Aristocrat) is absolutely fantastic. Much more tasty than this stick and very flavoursome. Would recommend that over this one any day…

• Thanks 1

The first one I had shortly after their release I thought I heard angels singing. 

The second one several months later wouldn’t stay lit and taste absolutely awful. I tried twice more and got one “meh” and one more “awful”.  

I’m done trying. 

• Thanks 1