How long we giving Trinidad?

How long will Trinidad brand last?  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, RichG said:
This is definitely an important point, that Trini doesn’t work for the Instagram crowd. Is Habanos so far removed from reality that they don’t understand this? Or do they expect the Asian markets to carry this wild increase.
I saw a vendor listing Fundies priced at $3700 and Reyes at $900 this evening. Absolute madness.

$3700… that is unbelievable.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An issue that has hit me:   Cohiba is the most inconsistent brand out there for me. No other can give such highs and such lows. Regardless of income levels, anyone getting whole dud boxes, never

True. For solace see the results of most blind tasting competitions where people can't pick a coro from a partagas sd4. Just buy the counterfeit bands and when you're wasted one night put them on a bu

I think that their strategy is quite clear.  They don't want anyone who cares about price to smoke Cohiba and Trinidad.  They want people smoking Cohiba/Trinidad to be seen making a statemen

5 hours ago, RichG said:

I saw a vendor listing Fundies priced at $3700 and Reyes at $900 this evening. Absolute madness.

LOL stick a fork in it.

Hmm...$25 Reyes or $9 El Principe...

This has to be a temporary policy or you can indeed kiss Trini goodbye. They're way over their skis with this "repositioning."

It's going to be a long year gents. 

• Like 3

On 5/19/2022 at 5:21 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

Hmm...$25 Reyes or $9 El Principe...

This has to be a temporary policy or you can indeed kiss Trini goodbye. They're way over their skis with this "repositioning."

It's going to be a long year gents. 

When the increase is highlighted by putting up this type of comparison, in bold, then it's not really a comparison. You can't help but feel that the Trinidad Reyes (and by extension the Cohiba Siglo I) will fast become a curious anomaly.

• Like 4

On 5/19/2022 at 12:28 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

As I've said, I love Trini as much as the next guy but quite frankly the cigars aren't good enough to command that kind of money. Cohiba is a step up and can deliver something the other marcas cannot even if you want to call that quality "different" instead of "better." 

In my experience Cohiba are different but Trinidad are better.

That is to say somehow Trinidad is better  constructed and the flavours are consistently good. I don't think I'm as happy with a quarter of the Monte Cristo I smoke as almost all the Trinidad I smoke. And I smoke more monte.

Cohiba is unique but construction is about as bad as any other CC, possibly even worse than the average (RyJ Churchill's excepted).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bijan said:

If coloniales and monte 4 on the one hand and Reyes and monte 5 on the other were the same price I would smoke way more of the Trinidad ones.

I would still have to put the Montes on par. I enjoy Monte 3/4/5 as much as a Coloniales and Reyes, but I enjoy the change of pace. I enjoy a Monte DE just as much as a Esmeralda/Topes, but again it's a how-am-I-feeling-at-the-moment decision. 

If the Trini profile appeals to you more I can't argue with that. To me it's never been exceptional. I like the San Cristobal or Connie 1/2 or Famosos profile just as much. 

I feel for anyone that is a Trini lover. I see no reason the brand should be doubled in price. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

If the Trini profile appeals to you more I can't argue with that. To me it's never been exceptional.

It's not the profile. Or not just the profile.

As I said Trinidad quality is as much about consistency and construction as much as flavour and profile.

I enjoy a sweet chocolate monte as much as a sweet donut Trinidad. The batting average of monte 4 and 5 is nowhere near that of Reyes and coloniales.

Monte especiales, double Edmundo, etc do compare more favourably though.

But if half of a box of monte 4 smokes really well I am happy. Whereas Trinidad is as consistent as CCs get.

Trinidad is like the opposite of an RyJ Churchill. I like that profile too but construction is often atrocious on those.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bijan said:

But if half of a box of monte 4 smokes really well I am happy. Whereas Trinidad is as consistent as CCs get.

Haven't really noticed this but I guess I'll have to start paying more attention. I've had plenty of wonky Trinis. In fact I had a ML the other day that I recall specifically didn't burn that great.

For me, Trinidad in general and particularly the vigia is one of the best cigar construction wise. I don't remember smoking one bad and i will miss them when I m done with my boxes. I had plenty of very plugged Reyes tho.

On the other hand, I've had so many plugged CoRo, Sig 2 & 6. For the premium paid now it's already unacceptable, I can't even with the new prices. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Agreed. 

Cohiba will thrive in the new environment. (except Siglo I/II/Medio/Panetela/Exquisitos). They will introduce others. 

Trinidad Reyes and Coloniales are done.  The others, we will see but if they were being traded on the DOW, I wouldn't be holding too much stock.

Reading that bums me out. Comment based on prediction due to pricing/commentary here and elsewhere from the market, or are you seeing/hearing something behind the scenes?

• Like 2