does the queen get a cut?

richard wheatley, known for specialty fly boxes, has released the new Jubilee box. basically a box with a bit of foam inside. yours for 55 pounds. only 75 made. i assume they didn't think they'd find more than 75 morons. 55 quid for a small box with foam. stick some foam in an old cigar box and we have something just as good. one born...

Limited Edition Queen's Platinum Jubilee 2022
  • Limited Edition Queen's Platinum Jubilee 2022
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Limited Edition Queen's Platinum Jubilee 2022

Regular price£55.00Sale price
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
FoamFlat FoamEasy GripBase Ripple / Lid FlatEasy Slot
                                                    Flat Foam - £55.00 GBP                                                                      Easy Grip - £55.00 GBP                                                                      Base Ripple / Lid Flat - £55.00 GBP                                                                      Easy Slot - £55.00 GBP                                              Add to Cart

Buy it now

On 6th February 2022 Her Majesty The Queen became the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee, marking 70 years of service to the people of the United Kingdom, the Realms and the Commonwealth.

To celebrate this unprecedented anniversary we have a Limited Edition Fly Box, limited to 75 pieces. 

The Limited Edition Fly Box is available with a selection of foams - Flat Foam (in base and lid), Easy Grip Foam (in base and lid), Ripple Foam in the base and Flat Foam in the lid, or Easy Slot Foam (in the base and the lid). 

With only 75 of these available, it is your chance to own a little bit of history.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, HuffnPuffff said:

Hi Ken,

I grew up in the UK near the chalk streams, and in the late 80’s I lusted after a sleek aluminium fly box with rounded corners and fancy wavy foam. Way out of my pay grade and the height of decadence.

Then I grew up and started lusting after different things, and haven’t given one of those fly boxes a second thought until your post.

And blow me down if I didn’t walk into a ye olde worlde hunting and fishing store today in northern Massachusetts on my way to a trout stream, and see the following…

The Limited Edition Millenium Edition!
Honestly, I think this came out before limited edition was invented. One added bonus was that the store was so old school that whenever they got inventory they slapped a price tag on it and that was that. Pre-inflation pricing.
So I picked up this 23 yr old limited edition box for £20. And to be fair, the guy was happy to have sold it.

Good fishing Ken, and anyone else out there who’s venturing out with a fly rod this weekend.

thanks for that. great stuff.