Exploring Cubans while no cart

New to the forum, and was reading guidelines and newbie tips, and came across samplers as a way to gain exposure to the brands and learn my palate. It seems that is not currently an option. I bought a couple quarter boxes my first week in, not sure if I’ll be able to cover enough ground that way. Am I right in samplers not being an option, and if so, any other avenues to achieve exposure? Thanks!

You are correct, no samplers at the moment.  Quarter boxes are probably your best bet until you gain access to the trading room.  There you will be able to find people to trade with who can expand your options.  I'd buy some good trade bait so you can get a few nice trades with lots of variety.

• Like 3

Just now, cjmaas said:

What would you consider “good trade bait?” Genuinely curious and also one post closer to trading😬

That is the good part.  With thousands of members, most any box can be good trade bait.  Personally, I am always on the lookout for E2, D4, Double Edmundo, Edmundo, Petite Edmundo, Esmeralda, Topes, Media Luna, Vigia, Coloniales, Mag 50...the list goes on.  With all CC being a bit thin on the ground, pretty much anything can be good trade bait.

Peruse Cuban Cigar Website and learn as much as you can.  Read the forum here and see what people are looking for and what is well liked.  

• Like 4

@HarveyBoulevard good idea. In theory could turn 4 quarter boxes into a 25 cigar sampler. Would take a little bit of logistical work, and I think 6 months and certain number of posts before I could gain access. But that’s the world we are living in right now!

My recommendation would be take your time. Figure out what you like by grabbing the quarter boxes here. There are ways of grabbing singles . I am relatively new back into cigar smoking (last fall) and have amassed quite the collection. Lucky for me I have a palate that enjoys many different flavor profiles. The fine people here will let you know what is smoking well for them, however I take that with a grain of salt. Buy from 24:24,and meet some of the people here, your collection will build as you find out what cigars work for you. Prices are sky high right now, but I am finding ways of scoring smokes that I can get a lot of enjoyment from down the road. What you will hear often is something called "the rabbit hole". Avoid it. Don't be like me. It's too late now. I'm in the cigar purchasing abyss lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1