Ramon Allones Eminencia Review

Ramon Allones Eminencia

Length 5.7" Ring 44

2005 Swiss Regional Edicion

Box Code: PMR May 05

The construction was stellar, smooth wrapper with not a blemish or vein to be seen. I clipped it and the pre-draw showed that there were not going to be any issues with it being either too loose or too tight for pleasure. The initial puff from the cigar displayed a slight grassiness but also showed that it had a lot of flavor, I think I started enjoying it at first puff, very tasty. This cigar with only a year of age on it displayed a completely different beginning, middle and end, thus I would say that it is already complex in flavor. I also believe that it will continue to develop and become even more so pronounced with complexity.

As I was smoking it, I was talking with a good friend that was also smoking one with me. We were talking about just how nice the cigar tasted, at times it reminded me of the RA 8-9-8, at other times a Gigantes and still at others a well aged RASS, wow, all combined together in a single cigar. In my opinion, it began with a little grassiness and floral tone with a honey sweetness, then it was chocolate and mocha. About the half way point it kicked it up a notch and the richness filled my mouth and really delivered puff after puff of rich almost chewy smoke that was delicious. The sweetness was a bit citrus with a touch of molasses. The cigar was very well balanced and I will also describe it as one that provided a creamy texture of smoke on my palate. Toward the last third, the spiciness built and the pepperiness started coming through. This was an very tasty cigar and I was very surprised with everything I was tasting in such a young cigar.

What can I say, but I did almost start burning skin because I smoked it down past the nub, the flavors continued to come through without it becoming harsh or bitter. This is one excellent cigar!

I would consider this cigar a solid 92 as far as ratings are concerned.

Tampa

Well, damn Chuck...you've gone and done it. I have yet to break my box, but youve pushed me over the edge. Ive let the peer preasure get the best of me.

Great review.

I will smoke one soon and post my review of it.

» Nice review Chuck, I'm sitting on mine but am very tempted to break one

» open.

I'm gonna wait a little bit longer for the sticks to loosen up. The first few I had had some tight draws.:-(

I've smoked about a third of a box and had to let off. With my lousy self control I could easily have sucked the whole box down. I love mine and I think the review gives a good picture of what the cigar really is.

Another superb review Chuck! Although I haven't smoked an eminencia, your comparisons to the 898, Gigante, and RASS really brought it to life for me. Sounds great. I don't think I'll get any of these, but you'll find me standing in line for the upcoming RA Estupendos.

Chuck, a very nice review! What is your take on the aging time frame on this RA? It almost seems like this is an RA that is much more approachable young than most of it's siblings... your thoughts...

Thanks!

Nice review.

I tried one shortly after their release and was not too impressed. My typical experience with young cigars...tough draw, they seemed very wet....not much flavor...but the wrapper looked out standing.

I am very interested to see how these have developed...I hope just as good as yours!

» Ramon Allones Eminencia

» Length 5.7" Ring 44

» 2005 Swiss Regional Edicion

» Box Code: PMR May 05

»

» The construction was stellar, smooth wrapper with not a blemish or vein to

» be seen. I clipped it and the pre-draw showed that there were not going to

» be any issues with it being either too loose or too tight for pleasure.

» The initial puff from the cigar displayed a slight grassiness but also

» showed that it had a lot of flavor, I think I started enjoying it at first

» puff, very tasty. This cigar with only a year of age on it displayed a

» completely different beginning, middle and end, thus I would say that it

» is already complex in flavor. I also believe that it will continue to

» develop and become even more so pronounced with complexity.

»

» As I was smoking it, I was talking with a good friend that was also

» smoking one with me. We were talking about just how nice the cigar tasted,

» at times it reminded me of the RA 8-9-8, at other times a Gigantes and

» still at others a well aged RASS, wow, all combined together in a single

» cigar. In my opinion, it began with a little grassiness and floral tone

» with a honey sweetness, then it was chocolate and mocha. About the half

» way point it kicked it up a notch and the richness filled my mouth and

» really delivered puff after puff of rich almost chewy smoke that was

» delicious. The sweetness was a bit citrus with a touch of molasses. The

» cigar was very well balanced and I will also describe it as one that

» provided a creamy texture of smoke on my palate. Toward the last third,

» the spiciness built and the pepperiness started coming through. This was

» an very tasty cigar and I was very surprised with everything I was tasting

» in such a young cigar.

»

» What can I say, but I did almost start burning skin because I smoked it

» down past the nub, the flavors continued to come through without it

» becoming harsh or bitter. This is one excellent cigar!

»

» I would consider this cigar a solid 92 as far as ratings are concerned.

»

» Tampa

Well Chuck, I must say you killed it with your review...spot on.

I just smoked one. Unlike yours, mine started off a bit harsh and sharp. An inch in and it was like I was smoking a young RASS. Very good, but you could tell she was still maturing. As I smoked it - it turned from a young rebel to a refined citrus/baked artisian bread flavor. 898 characteristics and then on to the Gigantes. Sweet fruity bread.

Burned my fingers. I thoroughly enjoyed the Eminencia and can tell that with a bit of age these will be stellar. So glad I have 24 left.

Actually your comment is very interesting. Normally I would say that opposite from what you said, I have found over the years that the Ramon Allones marca has been much more approachable with 4-5 years of age vs young sticks. You take a aged RASS with 4-5 years of age on it, and WOW, what a total difference of complexity , taste, and flavors than a young RASS. Normally, I much prefer a Ramon Allones with some where with the if you will, magically 5 year old mark as when the flavors have reached their peak and the complexity has settled in and the cigar presents such an outstanding smoking experience that it becomes so worthy of being in anyones humidor that I have been often known to rave about.

I feel that these Eminencias are going to continue to develop and become even more complex and actually be sought after with a passion because of the flavors they have.

I was extremely fortunate that I was able to purchase several boxes of this cigar for aging and also picked up a box that I split with a very good friend so that I had the ability to not only smoke a cigar every now and then, but to also be able to gift out a stick to a friend every now and then.

» Ramon Allones Eminencia

I've smoked one out of my box.

If it wasn't banded, I'd have had a hard time telling it was a Ramon Allones during the first third (almost 1/2) of the stick. After that point it started putting out some classic RA taste.

I think I'll wait before trying another one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A nice review. I've smoked about 5 so far & all have been excellent. I'm very impressed at how flavorful they are for such a new cigar. Glad I stock up on these. IMHO, superior to the Punch Robusto.

• 2 weeks later...

Chuck,

I was fortunate to be given one by a mutual friend, but didn't want to try it for a few more years...

But was very lucky to get a box this week....and may have to find the right occassion to tru one now.

Great review, Chuck.