Beer and Cigars

TJtorpedo

I think it is truly an acquired taste to enjoy an ale or lager with a cigar. I find that a good micro brew enhances the flavor of nearly every cigar, and I frequently enjoy a Mac and Jacks African Amber (Seattle brewery) with good cuban cigars. Regarding good scotches, I find the reverse to be true. I find that scotches taste significantly better when paired with a good cigar. Just my thoughts, and I may be insane!!!!!

» I think it is truly an acquired taste to enjoy an ale or lager with a

» cigar. I find that a good micro brew enhances the flavor of nearly every

» cigar, and I frequently enjoy a Mac and Jacks African Amber (Seattle

» brewery) with good cuban cigars. Regarding good scotches, I find the

» reverse to be true. I find that scotches taste significantly better when

» paired with a good cigar. Just my thoughts, and I may be insane!!!!!

Mac and Jacks AA is one of my favorite beers! I first discovered it at Safeco Field and pursue it frequently. I have finally been able to find it down here in Portland at a few different restaurants. I wish it was available in bottles, perhaps I should try and see if I can get a keg from the local distributor.

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm out at a certain cigar bar on Boylston Street in Boston, which has a stupid sounding name but where one can actually smoke, I drink Stella. It's light and smooth, but has more taste than a Corona. I would drink port while there, but my friend is a cigarette smoker who doesn't drink port, so I'd look like Frasier Crane across the table from Norm Petersen, if I did.

At home I usually drink ice water when trying a new cigar to limit the variables when comparing to others I've smoked. If a cigar tastes too harsh, I'll switch to scotch or port, depending on the taste of the smoke and my mood.

» I would drink port while there, but my friend is a cigarette smoker who doesn't drink

» port, so I'd look like Frasier Crane across the table from Norm Petersen,

» if I did.

Or maybe Frasier and Niles if he did :-D

Do you ever go to Stanza dei Sigari or Churchills?

» Or maybe Frasier and Niles if he did :-D

» Do you ever go to Stanza dei Sigari or Churchills?

Not yet. I've only recently heard of them. I've heard that Stanza is a little difficult to find (in the basement of a restuarant) and when I did a search on Churchills, the descriptions I read didn't sound cigar friendly. What, if you have time to elaborate, are these two places like...atmosphere, patrons, hard alcohol available, lighting fees, etc.?

» Mac and Jacks AA is one of my favorite beers! I first discovered it at

» Safeco Field and pursue it frequently. I have finally been able to find

» it down here in Portland at a few different restaurants. I wish it was

» available in bottles, perhaps I should try and see if I can get a keg from

» the local distributor.

It is only made in kegs. The AA has been one of my favorite beers since I lived in Redmond in the 90's where they still brew it.

• 4 weeks later...

I drink beer frequently when i smoke, and its usually Newcastle brown ale. I enjoy a Guiness once in a while, but only with a cigar full enough to stand up to a beer as heavy as Guiness. Its like drinking a loaf of bread, haha. Ive tried IPAs, and they usually dont work with all the hoppyness. If i dont have Newcastle, i go with Bluemoon sometimes, but the sweetness of it doesnt pair well with some cigars.

» I drink beer frequently when i smoke, and its usually Newcastle brown ale.

» I enjoy a Guiness once in a while, but only with a cigar full enough to

» stand up to a beer as heavy as Guiness. Its like drinking a loaf of bread,

» haha. Ive tried IPAs, and they usually dont work with all the hoppyness.

» If i dont have Newcastle, i go with Bluemoon sometimes, but the sweetness

» of it doesnt pair well with some cigars.

I completely agree with the terribleness of an IPA for most cigars. Blue moon works for my LGC Med. 1's, and several others...usually I'll just try to get a sixer of something I haven't tried yet, or just tried a few times. On occasion, I'll have a single malt from a flask or rocks.

Blue moon works for my LGC Med. 1's, and several others...usually I'll just try

» to get a sixer of something I haven't tried yet, or just tried a few times.

sorry man i don't do coors products. unfortunately blue moon fall under the evil empire.

Anybody try beers from Stone Brewery? They have some really good stuff. If you are a hop head, you will really like them. I just had a bottle of their russian imperial stout last week that was excellent.

» Anybody try beers from Stone Brewery?

yeah, Stones is great stuff...I like the Arrogant Bastard, or the Double Arrogant Bastard.

Beer and Cigars is fine with me....especially Belgian or Belgian Style Strong Ales...

Never a Guiness fan, unless it's on draught from a "Guiness Aprroved" Tap....never a can or a bottle...

I mostly drink beer when I smoke since I mostly smoke on the weekends. I usually have somthing like Blue Moon, Oberon (a local Bell's Brewery product), or something Belgian which is mostly what I drink anyways. I've found that even though fairly light in body they hold up well to a cigar.

• 2 years later...

» » Beers & Cigars Well Bite my shiny metal Ass !

»

» Bender!

You got it in one colt ! It would seem the obvious choice as a mascot for all beer drinking, cigar smoking dudes................. Maybe not to many of the FOH crew watch Futurama ?

image772.jpg

By the way like your photoshop work on Ken on the rum bottle label !:-)