Tintara Shiraz

Well Armed

» Picked up an OZ bottle of shiraz from 2003. Pretty good. Is this known

» brand over there?

Good lower-mid range Shiraz. All fruit which benefits from a little time "open". Priced here from $12-$16 USD equivalent.

» » Picked up an OZ bottle of shiraz from 2003. Pretty good. Is this known

» » brand over there?

»

» Good lower-mid range Shiraz. All fruit which benefits from a little time

» "open". Priced here from $12-$16 USD equivalent.

Paid $16 and it is my first Aussie wine and it made me a believer. Except a Yellow Tail white at a tasting but I had already had a lot of Scotch so I can't remember what it was like.

Here's a bit of blurb that may help..........................................

Tintara Winery: At McLaren Vale in the Fleurieu Peninsula region of South Australia

(Text supplied by Tintara Winery)

The Tintara name has been a part of Hardys for over 125 years, and not just as a winery. Over a long period, the Tintara branded wines have built an enviable reputation for their robust richness and quality.

In more recent times, the Tintara Shiraz and Grenache have grown in recognition, both produced from varieties that have stood the test of time and excelled in the McLaren Vale region.

Here is living history . . . wines being made using much of the equipment Thomas Hardy installed at Tintara, from low yielding, concentrated fruit off old vines, producing dark, rich, opulent wines, showing exceptional structure and flavour.

The premium – and internationally renown – wines made at Tintara include the multi award winning Eileen Hardy Shiraz, Thomas Hardy Cabernet Sauvignon and the Tintara range of wines.

Great wines begin in the Vineyard and the wines produced at Tintara begin in some of Australia’s best vineyards. The fruit is carefully selected to ensure it reflects distinctive regional characteristics, true varietal expression and has intensity and maturity of flavour.

This approach has consistently provided Hardys with an array of winemaking options allowing the pursuit of new quality standards. Most recently, the Tintara Cellars range was released capturing the winery’s unique historical strength introduced by Thomas Hardy – regional blending to gain flavour complexity and completeness.

:ok:

tintara cellars shiraz or tintara shiraz? if the latter, (a very dark bottle with a small label bit like a bus ticket) then is actually closer to $45 - $50 here so you'd have a bargain. the cellars closer to the $16. the tintara is part of hardy's (constellation) and usually very good. 03 a good not great year.