A day at the Partagas Factory: Photo Shoot

El Presidente

I think a true aficionado is one who appreciates not only the finished product but the craft involved in its creation.

Whenever I see photos like these it always makes me happy. In this world of ever-increasing homogenization, it's wonderful to acquire and appreciate a unique item, made by hand. I try to explain to people how incredible each cigar is - how each one has passed through the hands of so many others before it reached mine - and most just sort of smile and nod. They don't get it. Those that do understand...I tend to smoke a lot of cigars with :-D

Great photos sir!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This series of photo's depicts a typical day at the Partagas Factory. You will see the stripping department (removing central vein)rollers on the rolling floors, quality control, draw machines, the ne

» Very nice photos Rob, but that also leads to a lot of questions.......... » OH OH ...... » I noticed that some of the molds were the old wood type and then some were » plastic, is there a diffe

Fantastic pictures Rob!

This series of photo's depicts a typical day at the Partagas Factory. You will see the stripping department (removing central vein)rollers on the rolling floors, quality control, draw machines, the new moistening chambers, colour grading and threading (dressing of boxes) + tasting and scoring.

I hope you find them interesting.

image1440.jpg

image1473.jpg

image1474.jpg

image1441.jpg

image1442.jpg

image1443.jpg

image1444.jpg

image1445.jpg

image1446.jpg

image1447.jpg

image1448.jpg

image1449.jpg

image1450.jpg

image1451.jpg

image1452.jpg

image1453.jpg

image1454.jpg

image1455.jpg

image1456.jpg

image1457.jpg

image1459.jpg

image1460.jpg

image1461.jpg

image1462.jpg

image1463.jpg

image1464.jpg

image1465.jpg

image1466.jpg

image1467.jpg

image1468.jpg

image1470.jpg

image1469.jpg

image1471.jpg

image1472.jpg

image1475.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey El Pres.... do I have your permission to pull one photo to use as my desktop wallpaper? it's the one with the gentlemen reading the newspaper to the workers... ahh, what a simpler life.... i want someone to read the newspaper to me while i'm working.... i gotta find an intern....

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...