Welcome Dbowhntr

Tampa1257

I would like to personally welcome a very good friend of mine to the FOH forum. Dbowhntr aka Dennis and I go way back and have shared cigars, stories and friendship for several years. I know him to have an accomplished palate and someone that I respect his opinion with regard to Habanos. He is a very welcomed addition to our forum here. Please help me welcome him into the FOH family!

Tampa

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome, Chuck. I've been doing a little reading already and I see that the members list looks very familiar.

For those of you that don't know me, I got into this online thing about 5.5 years ago and I saw that there was a bunch of people smoking great Cuban cigars and I knew I should be one of them. Since then I have met an incredible array of fantastic people, from all over the world, all because of this great hobby and passion we share.

As far as my likes in cigars, it's Bolivars, R Allones, Partagas and San Cristobols. And just about any other Cuban cigar, LOL.

One other thing, it's hunting season where I live, so I'll be out in the woods a lot in the next few weeks, so if I'm not posting a lot right away, that's why!

Oh, and about Tim, well, y'know he says he's sane...

» I would like to personally welcome a very good friend of mine to the FOH

» forum. Dbowhntr aka Dennis and I go way back and have shared cigars,

» stories and friendship for several years. I know him to have an

» accomplished palate and someone that I respect his opinion with regard to

» Habanos. He is a very welcomed addition to our forum here. Please help me

» welcome him into the FOH family!

»

» Tampa

San Cristobol La Puntas, from 2001: In the last five years, I have smoked quite a few boxes of these, in fact, I don't think I've ever gotten a box that wasn't from 2001. I am amazed at the evolution that has occurred in these cigars, from kind of bready/doughy, mild with sweet spice to the earthy, creamy, and nice white pepper-like spice they now have. THis has really become one of my favorites. Too bad the '01s are getting scarce. How would any of you describe more recent La Puntas?

» How would any of you describe more recent La Puntas?

Welcome to the FOH Board, Dennis.

I have not had the 2001 SC La Puntas, but I have a box of 03s. They are great cigars, sweet, creamy, with a mocha type taste to me. They are mild and I have not detected the pepper type spice taste.

The only other SC I have had are 06s, to my taste they are full of flavor and potential, but have a bit of harshness to them and do not yet have the creaminess and smoothness that seems to come with more age.

As far as a pepper-type spiciness, to me it is a slight, mild, white pepper like flavor. It is one of the flavors which were not at all apparent in the '01s when they were young. The '01s seemed to have picked up a bit of earthiness in these last few years, too. They also seem much less mild than they were back then.» » How would any of you describe more recent La Puntas?

»

» Welcome to the FOH Board, Dennis.

»

» I have not had the 2001 SC La Puntas, but I have a box of 03s. They are

» great cigars, sweet, creamy, with a mocha type taste to me. They are mild

» and I have not detected the pepper type spice taste.

»

» The only other SC I have had are 06s, to my taste they are full of flavor

» and potential, but have a bit of harshness to them and do not yet have the

» creaminess and smoothness that seems to come with more age.