Let's talk about watches...

On 5/7/2018 at 7:35 PM, PapaDisco said:

Good tip on the AP's.  They even make an automatic chronograph in a 37mm case BUT, you have to get the glitzy diamonds.  The same watch used to be available in 'plainer' formats in 37mm.  Still, I've put AP on my shopping list.

18 hours ago, liquid360 said:

I tend to go through phases with watches. Currently I’m all about Cartier. I absolutely adore my Calibre De Cartier Diver. I’m thinking my next watch will be the Roadster.
Any other fans of Cartier? Anyone own a Roadster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They ( AP) are always coming out with a limited version of the Royal Oak line. If you don’t like what they have available just wait til the new year. Things will be totally different. I am almost positive that you can get the 37 mm Royal Oak in a non iced out chrono model. If I see it again I will post the ref #. I think the smaller dia models are actually a little cheaper than the larger diameters

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost had a heart attack when he found out about our little deal after I produced the goods. My first choice, a Rolex Sub, was quickly laughed at. This was my second choice. Still a very generous gift for a 22-year old know-nothing. 
It has always held a special place, but 10 years ago when my Mom passed away this watch was limited to being worn only in special situations for good luck, or for a few days around Mothers Day. It’ll be going back in the safe box later this week. 
63D161E7-B10C-4CA4-B912-16CC7B92118E.thumb.jpeg.504d9ec76dd100b38e8f584750088cc7.jpeg

Don’t think she’d want you to enjoy it? I have one given by my father that I wear often cause I know he’d want to know his money was well spent

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, liquid360 said:

Don’t think she’d want you to enjoy it? I have one given by my father that I wear often cause I know he’d want to know his money was well spent emoji6.png

If she knew how much I spent on some of my other watches she’d probably first smack me upside the head but would want me to wear those too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

I have shown my “summer watch” before, but tonight I have added a special accessory.

Rrrrrriiibbbittt

CB

7E1EE3CF-011C-4405-AE47-91DB0BBD14B4.jpeg

3 hours ago, liquid360 said:

Dude!!!! There’s a frog near your watch!!!!

2 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Dude?????

lololol

Correction:

Dudette!!!! There's a watch near your frog!!!!

• Haha 1

If any of you are ever in Las Vegas make sure and check out the Crystal mall and the miracle mile. Factory watch stores out the wazoo. AP, Richard Mille, Hubolt, Breitling, Rolex, Patek( inside Tourneau) and many others. I have never seen so many luxury watches in one place before. You will see botique exclusives not available at the regular dealerships. Definitely worth your while

50 minutes ago, phlee said:

Yes it is

Very cool.  Is the case ceramic?  Some more pics would be cool.  Hard to see all that is going on in your picture.  When I was working in Singapore, the RM store was next to my hotel.  One of my favorite watch brands out as well.  Well done!

1 hour ago, Winchester21 said:

If any of you are ever in Las Vegas make sure and check out the Crystal mall and the miracle mile. Factory watch stores out the wazoo. AP, Richard Mille, Hubolt, Breitling, Rolex, Patek( inside Tourneau) and many others. I have never seen so many luxury watches in one place before. You will see botique exclusives not available at the regular dealerships. Definitely worth your while

The ION Orchard Mall in Singapore is the biggest watch mecca in the world.  Just crazy how many stand alone watch brands have stores there.

Very cool.  Is the case ceramic?  Some more pics would be cool.  Hard to see all that is going on in your picture.  When I was working in Singapore, the RM store was next to my hotel.  One of my favorite watch brands out as well.  Well done!

It’s actually a QTPT case. Effectively layered Quartz. You could easily mistake it for plastic!

Comparing it to a G shock for size

1aa70086b7dc2bd5020e8fe12596c891.jpg

Also a huge store along with a number of other smaller stores in the Forum Shops at Cesars’s Palace. Come to think of it they seem to be everywhere in Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a rather rare one for you.  My dad's old Omega Seamaster Brest.  I have no idea why he bought a quartz Seamaster in the 80s, but he did.  It's super-thin.

I swore my next watch would be entirely automatic (I have a Vostok Amfibian for a cheap travel watch).  There's a new startup called Heitis. They made a few quartz watches already, but are finally making an automatic (the Okeanos Explorer).  I funded one on Kickstarter, and I believe they should be getting made around August.

FB_IMG_1513091122470.jpg

• Like 3

Auto would have been better for sure but cool watch at any rate Not many of these come up for sale locally

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:19 PM, PabloJr said:

Received this on my birthday a month ago. IWC Pilot Chronograph Le Petit Prince. Had to swap out the bands and put the deployment clasp on it946a8ead1d695bf80222e8b3b72ac26a.jpg98ad0f38c25c4d0950807bcc23982a66.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I also swapped the deployment clasp on my IWC.   It was from the Mark whatever, but not so many IWC's use a deployment clasp for whatever reason...

• Like 2

• JohnS changed the title to Let's talk about watches...