Recommended Posts

Man those Rolex are just awesome. I’m very happy with my PO but might need a Rollie (as my son calls them) for my 50th. I’ve always loved the deep sea although it seems to be a polarizing watch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

This has been my daily wear since my wife bought it for me as a wedding gift (she is definitely a keeper, even got me my new humidor setup for my most recent birthday). The Speedmaster Professional AK

We had my dads gold Omega Seamaster refurbed and serviced. He has worn it pretty much every day.    He bought in in 1963   

On 1/25/2021 at 2:18 PM, nino said:

Considering this Steinhart Ceramic GMT model - any input ?

My main concern is the metal band as I have had bad experiences due to hairy wrist.

 

steinhart gmt_keramik_neu_002.jpeg

You should check out the Certina DS Diver Automatic. Great value and i think comparable in price

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PuroDan said:

You should check out the Certina DS Diver Automatic. Great value and i think comparable in price

Thanks, nice watch ! - but I look specifically for a GMT model.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

This one may be a little more than you were planning to spend, but it's the hottest GMT on the market for several good reasons.

Ball - ROADMASTER MARINE GMT

 

@BrightonCorgi - Wow, thank you, now that is a hot watch ! Love the features it has like Day/Date & luminosity, truly a serious watch and the price is not exorbitant...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nino said:

@BrightonCorgi - Wow, thank you, now that is a hot watch ! Love the features it has like Day/Date & luminosity, truly a serious watch and the price is not exorbitant...

No, the price is not bad for what you get.  Actually I think it's quite a deal.  Everything is just lovely on that watch and it's super bright at night.  Day-Date, GMT...  Has everything you'd want.  I love GMT's for traveling as I bet you do too.  The watch can be engraved and would look hot with a leather or rubber strap; so lot's of looks you can get.    Movement looks terrific too.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

No, the price is not bad for what you get.  Actually I think it's quite a deal.  Everything is just lovely on that watch and it's super bright at night.  Day-Date, GMT...  Has everything you'd want.  I love GMT's for traveling as I bet you do too.  The watch can be engraved and would look hot with a leather or rubber strap; so lot's of looks you can get.    Movement looks terrific too.

You are 100% correct. 

Yes. That would have been my perfect GMT when I was still flying. Still love them now. Had 2 Seiko 100's with dual time, luminosity, alarm clock and those were basically my "job" watches.

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated !

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HDGSN said:

The all grey Casioak arrived so I am giving the BB58 the day off. This replaces a 25 year old Coleman watch as my hiking, kayaking, travel watch.384C7D04-C8A1-46C7-ACB3-93677F127602.jpeg.4094d0874c3859700c253cfedeabe456.jpeg

Like the watch!  Don’t like the flag

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received that Swiss Alpine GMT watch I ordered last week.

Very solid, heavy piece, makes a very good impression. The price I paid was €99 but the price tag was €379 so a considerable discount for a Swiss made watch ...

I have not adjusted the metal band yet - put it on my wrist and it tears my hairs like a rusty lawnmower, hurts like hell.
Hope I can adjust the band to be tight and not squeeze the hairs or it will be passed to my buddy's watch collection.

SWISSGMT1.thumb.jpg.a4660c52b3792f715ca0a538a9f6cdac.jpg

SWISSGMT2.thumb.jpg.6ef402a2638a2d99362cd8d4d57e0089.jpg

SWISSGMT3.jpg.13bb1064eece54123ddf5c8a37a6d1e7.jpg

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch looks good Nino, I somehow like the Rolex style numbers on the bezel where I would normally be put off like the hands on the steinhart. But that band looks way to tight, hope there are some extra links included. Else slap a rubber or nato strap on it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DanWil84 said:

Watch looks good Nino, I somehow like the Rolex style numbers on the bezel where I would normally be put off like the hands on the steinhart. But that band looks way to tight, hope there are some extra links included. Else slap a rubber or nato strap on it.
 

Thanks @DanWil84 - it sure looks good and I like it.

But nope, the band is very loose, I have to take out at least 3 pieces to make it fit my wrist and very much hope being tighter it will  have less friction against the hairs as I otherwise will slap a rubber band on it. But the band looks very good and solid and it would somehow ruin the harmonius looks ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Growing up as a litle metal head watching Dan Spitz thrash a guitar from a mosh pit, his leaving Anthrax i the 1990's baffled me. I was suprised he quit to go make watches instead. I've occasionally searched his business development and suprized by how much they sold for unitl I understood his pedigre in watchmaking. He released his first self made movement and the watch is now on sale. Looks gorgeous. About the movement https://monochrome-watches.com/dan-spitz-from-heavy-metal-to-high-end-watchmaking-and-his-us-made-calibre/     and listing seller https://www.thelimitededition.co.uk/product/daniel-a-spitz-liberty-ref-j11-13/ 

 

Daniel-A.-Spitz-Watchmaking_timepiece_caliber-j11.13_independent-watchmaking_1.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Fosgate said:

Growing up as a litle metal head watching Dan Spitz thrash a guitar from a mosh pit, his leaving Anthrax i the 1990's baffled me. I was suprised he quit to go make watches instead. I've occasionally searched his business development and suprized by how much they sold for unitl I understood his pedigre in watchmaking. He released his first self made movement and the watch is now on sale. Looks gorgeous. About the movement https://monochrome-watches.com/dan-spitz-from-heavy-metal-to-high-end-watchmaking-and-his-us-made-calibre/     and listing seller https://www.thelimitededition.co.uk/product/daniel-a-spitz-liberty-ref-j11-13/ 

 

Daniel-A.-Spitz-Watchmaking_timepiece_caliber-j11.13_independent-watchmaking_1.jpg

I thought a couple from Anthrax (possibly just him) were from families in the jewelry business?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bijan said:

Looks like:

https://calibercorner.com/ronda-caliber-515-24h/

RONDA CALIBER 515.24H Swiss Quartz with GMT.

 

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

@nino What movement does that Swiss Alpine GMT watch have?

It does look like it has a Ronda 515.24 Quartz Movement as @Bijan mentions above according to this review of a similar Swiss Alpine  GMT :

https://www.watchreport.com/swiss-military-gmt-watch-review/

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I thought a couple from Anthrax (possibly just him) were from families in the jewelry business?

Dan's father and grandfather were both watch makers. Scott Ian's father was in the jewelry business-https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/arts-letters/articles/scott-ian-excerpt

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fosgate said:

Dan's father and grandfather were both watch makers. Scott Ian's father was in the jewelry business-https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/arts-letters/articles/scott-ian-excerpt

Ok, thanks for sharing.  I was in the old hardcore scene and Anthrax came along with the Cro-Mags, Agnostic Front, etc...  Remember hearing about Jewelry business.  How else do 18 year olds afford Marshall stacks and the like?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Final report :

Took out 2 parts and tightened the clasp a bit. It now fits perfectly well but is loose enough and it doesn't pull out any hairs ...perfect & happy.
Will use the Gear S3 for sports and this one for travel.

SWISSGMT4.thumb.jpg.d25e1848f93723d5cb9eff6659bca937.jpg
 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 5:10 PM, BrightonCorgi said:

That's the coolest serious diving watch IMO.  The bracelet for that model is incredible looking too.  Do you also have that?

Thanks. I had the bracelet version also but a distant friend said that it was the watch of his dreams and would be a great gift for his wedding etc. I kind of sold at a give away price (AND gifted him a box of cigars to enjoy at his wedding) to see him flipping in exactly two months at 50% more than what I sold for. (this was pre sport steel craze, now the price is double almost). I will probably get the titanium version at some point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.