Let's talk about watches...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

One of the nicer GS that I have seen of late.

I'm a Rolex owner, but that is very very nice! Lots of GS owners love them.

9 hours ago, SCgarman said:

I'm a Rolex owner, but that is very very nice! Lots of GS owners love them.

A GS is a consideration for a watch for my wife; she wants something understated.  Cannot recall an exhibition back quartz and it looks the balls too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I was thinking of picking up one of these.

It is a replica of the 1963 Chinese Air Force watch.

These are awesome, a mechanical chronograph for the price is insane. Column wheel chronograph too. Plus they look cool 

18 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

^^  Are both movements set off of the center crown?  ^^

Beautiful watch.

It only has 1 movement. Doppelfederhaus just means the movement is equipped with 2 mainspring barrels, giving it a longer power reserve.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Tdm_86 said:

It only has 1 movement. Doppelfederhaus just means the movement is equipped with 2 mainspring barrels, giving it a longer power reserve.

I was thinking each main spring went to its own movement.

41 minutes ago, Carrie Nation said:

As you can see, it's a newer model, so balance is right next to the crown. I had the balance cock engraved with one of my initials, which is why it took so long to get delivered.

Wow, I didn’t even know that was a thing to have the balance cock personalized.   Mind blown.   Beautiful!   Lange has to be one of my all-time grail watches.   Black Datograph with the unobtanium case (lol) is ultimate, but would be happy to “settle” for a 1815 Up/Down in Rose with blue hands.     

Wear it in good health!

On 6/30/2022 at 2:13 AM, Carrie Nation said:

wow….that is certainly a watch worth waiting for! Stunning to look at and ask most watch geeks to come up with a short list of their favorite watches, that would most certainly be on most of them! Congratulations! 

On 8/24/2005 at 5:22 PM, El Presidente said:

One of my other loves is Swiss watches. I happen to wear and retail ORIS watches www.friendsoforis.com but that is beside the point.

As discering cigar chomping cablleros.....what is on your wrist?

just stumbled on this, apologies for reviving an ancient thread .I'm a serial watch collector and enthusiast my passion eventually turned into a business over Covid ,if you  ever want to chat watches ,I can do that all day 

id say my current

On 6/30/2022 at 2:13 AM, Carrie Nation said:

this is a beautiful time piece, I have a A lange one its one of my favorite watches  

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 10:49 AM, zeedubbya said:

My favorite of any watch I’ve ever owned— it was worth waiting to find the right price.  Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Ryder Cup.  Still trying to decide if I like it on the NATO Strap, which took some working with Omega to get a hold of.  I think I became an Omega parts dealer by accident 🤔  The blue rubber strap is a nice option as well.  The 18k gold accents aren’t for everyone, but I really like it quite a lot. 

That is an easy to read but sharp looking piece. Now the big question. Do you say "Oh-May-Guh", or "Oh-Mee-Guh"? LOL

On 7/1/2022 at 8:00 AM, Aznyse1 said:

my current favorite watch is the VC overseas perpetual calendar in rose gold with blue dial. I was lucky enough to get this from the flagship VC store  after a brief waiting period photo below is when I went to pickup  .I'm currently on their waiting list for a few more pieces . I believe  they are criminally underrated and probably my favorite watchmaker at the moment

Just looked that watch up 😳😳😳😳😳

• Like 1