Guitar Rock Classics

El Presidente

We could be brothers. Not too many people know that the Original

'Fleetwood Mac' was a straight up blues band. Green replaced Clapton in John

Mayall's Bluesbreakers where he played with Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. Shortly thereafter the three would go on to form the nidus of 'Fleetwood Mac'

Yeah, you can't beat the early fleetwood mac w/Peter Green. There's something very special about his playing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another vote for Alex Lifeson, here's one my favorite solos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csLQJtggrZU

I have my 10 y.o. son taking guitar lessons as I should have when I was his age. I picked him up a 1959 Gibson Melody Maker !! I have 15 guitars but he has to be the one to play them. David Gilmour is

Joe Walsh Keith Richards And for my son, Jeff... Slash.

...and Paul kossoff is an amazing and fairly underrated guitarist.

Paul Kossoff sadly died very young. Heart attack after much drug abuse. He started the band Back Street Crawler after Free broke up.

• 1 year later...

For me, Johnny Winter is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time. Just an unbelievable tone and feel to his music! Nothing wrong with Jeff Beck either! ok.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Keith, Pete, Stevie Ray. Joe Walsh.

Don Felder an amazingly talented guy.

Slash, Glen Tipton ,Steve Harris,Mick Mars.

I could do this all day, but you guys have already laid out an awesome list.

Thanks for the YouTube links. Now I'll get nothing done today. Lol

• 2 months later...

Came across an old favourite yesterday in Frank Zappa's "My Guitar wants to kill your mama".

I miss great guitar tunes. Anyone else here love great guitar?

What are your favourite rock guitar "greats" ?

Max Webster in the old days Kim Mitchell these days but mostly the old days "Hangover or Toronto Tontos" to name a few especially if you like Zappa

Max Webster in the old days Kim Mitchell these days but mostly the old days "Hangover or Toronto Tontos" to name a few especially if you like Zappa

Whoops forgot "High Class In Borrowed Shoes"

Viva La Wasaga Beach!!!!

For me, Johnny Winter is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time. Just an unbelievable tone and feel to his music! Nothing wrong with Jeff Beck either! ok.gif

just posted on the death of Johnny Winter. He will be missed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

An extensive list to be sure. Sadly it is missing one many have never heard of. Rory Gallagher..... from old school R+R to deep blues guitar...

Definitely a great guitar player, he was the opening act followed by Uriah Heep with the head liners being Deep Purple at a show back in the early 70s here. Memorable concert to be sure, thanks for the reminder.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

One of the most underrated guitarists imo, Alex Lifeson. And don't forget, bassists are guitarists too. The drummer not too shabby either...

When I was a teenager, all my friends were bat$hit crazy over Rush. I thought they were OK back then. Now, that I'm older, I think Rush was, and still is, one of the greatest bands of the last 50 years. I've really grown to appreciate their music and listen to them way more now than I did back then.