Got the bigguns...

CIGARHead

Well we went back down to Mosquito Lagoon on Monday in search of the monster Redfish that alluded us the last time we were there.

Started off great with a few mid slot fish.

129_2940.jpg

Then around 9am the sky got a weird haze to it and made it real difficult to sight fish so we went to JB's for lunch...JB's is a sweet little restaurant on the water that has unbelievable grub...anyway - after stuffing our gullets we headed back only to see a helluva storm brewing. We decided to put the boat on the trailer and head to a different boat ramp and wait out the storm. Once the rain calmed a bit we ventured out to where we saw the big Redfish last time. Within 30 minutes the rain had calmed and it turned into a lake out there. 30 yards in front of us we see what we were looking for. 4 to 5 huge tails wagging out of the slick water...Reds were feeding, and I mean BIG ones. My buddy poled me over ever so quietly and I presented a perfect cast....wham! Fish on! There is nothing like catching a 43" 28 pound Redfish on light tackle (10 lb line...light action rod) in 2 feet of water.

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

DSC011462.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

The fish was released after a 10 minute revive. My personal best sight-fished Red.:ok:

» Fantastic pics. Congratulations on that bull. I'd like to be there with a

» fly rod in hand, no doubt. Maybe someday.

Thanks Moglman..Yeah, these would definitely be fun on fly. It was perfect conditions for that as well. You ever been down to Mosquito Lagoon?

» fantastic.

» now fat chance of me concentrating on work this evening. what a good fish.

:lol2: Thanks Ken. I havent been getting ANY work done the last few weeks - too much fishing to be done!

Miami: We were using soft plastics rigged weedless (Berkely Gulp! Shrimp and Shads mostly)

» » Fantastic pics. Congratulations on that bull. I'd like to be there with

» a

» » fly rod in hand, no doubt. Maybe someday.

»

» Thanks Moglman..Yeah, these would definitely be fun on fly. It was perfect

» conditions for that as well. You ever been down to Mosquito Lagoon?

Never have, but I think I must. On a fly rod, I've caught tarpon and snook out of Ft. Meyers, tarpon, permit and bonefish in Ascension Bay, Mexico and Stripers in Kennebunkport Maine.

» Great pics, AMAZING fish!!:ok:

»

» Do you eat the smaller ones?

Freefall,

No, I released them to fight another day. I do keep some slot Redfish for dinner once in a while, but mostly release them. Great eating though!