Tasting and Ageing Experiment: SLR Double Corona

El Presidente

I have set aside two cabinets of identical Saint Luis Rey Double Corona coded AEP March 2007.

I have selected 10 tasters whom I wish involved and a placed a further 50 top FOH posters into a draw of whom 10 were selected.

When we are back in the new year (January 2008, we will forward one SLR DC from the same cabinets to each participant). We will do this each year for 5 years and the cigar is to be smoked on the last weekend of the March Anniversary date each year and the tasting notes posted in a Classic Posts section on this forum which I will arrange.

What we are trying to achieve is to witness and document the development of a cigar over a 5 year period.

This will be one of the most detailed tasting and ageing experiments that has been completed to date in the world of Habanos cigars.

I look forward to the results :-)

The Participants are listed below. If anyone person is unable to complete the review in a given year I will step in and take their place.

1. Ken

2. Tampa

3. Wilkey

4. Colt 45

5. Shrink

6. Trevor 2118

7. Anacostiakat

8. Mel

9. Smokum

10. Jimmy 2

11. Tom Bolivar

12. Kyee

13. SWL

14. GTS 21

15. Big Slick

16. Brian1

17. SmokinLightning

18. jay8354

19. Nugget

20. Tigger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am honored and pleased to take part in such an event.

It's a great idea Rob and we give us all a great incite into the development of the cigar across a broad range of tasters.

Great choice of cigar as well!

» Very cool idea.

» It will be interesting to see it unfold over the next five years.

Indeed, a great idea from Prez! :ok:

For my part the cool thing is that I can compare taste experiences in parallell as I dip into my -07 box of SLR DC. I meant to let it sleep for a decade but this promises to be more fun.

:ok::clap:

Damn..just got back from vacation...where I RAN OUT of CC's...went to a not-so-local cigar shop and was forced to buy a handful of...crap...to smoke. I by-passed the "pre-embargo guaranteed Cuban tobacco" cigars ! I will be honored to give this a shot..however I do not have anywhere near the palate most of you here have. Very hard for me to describe the subtleties and flavors. All I can definitely say is ...damn that was good !!

Rob are we required to give our opinions in some sort of format?

By that I mean do you have any checklist when tasting.

Also is there a set way by which you come up with a total figure. eg.86/100

Please explain so we can all do the best possible review.

Cheers

Sweet! Thanks for including me as well.

I'm on vacation in Hawaii right now, enjoyed an '01 Siglo IV earlier today, and just finished off a '00 RASS for dessert. Looking forward to this experiment!

» Very hard for me to describe the subtleties and flavors. All I can

» definitely say is...damn that was good!!

One of the things I'm really looking forward to with this experiment is seeing how 20 different people describe the same cigar. Flavor descriptors and interpretations are very, very subjective.

In the be all and end all, "damn that was good" is all that really matters. :-)