Need input. HAVANA Swiss Watch for Members and Zealots

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

» » » What about "HAVANA PUROS" rather than simply "HAVANA"?

» »

» » I dont like it. Sounds like you wanted "Habanos" but werent granted

» it,

» » ie loser.

»

»

»

» I have to disagree. If MRN can call them "Havana Cigars" in the title to

» his book the watch can say "Havana Puros" without shame in my opinion. At

» least it's clear it refers to cigars.

"Havana cigars" is the correct English terminology for Habanos, so that's perfectly acceptable for a book about Cuban cigars. "Havana Puros" is a (IMHO clumsy) mixture of English and Spanish words.

» When I thing of the word Havana a few things come to mind:

»

» * The People and Friends I have there.

» * The cigars

» * The Music

» * The Dancing and how anyone can move that arse so hypnotically.

» * The Rum

» * The People, Cigars, Music, Dancing and Rum all combined until 5am in the

» morning.

»

» Cigars are but a brush stroke on a beautiful canvas. I want a watch which

» celebrates the totality of that world.

This makes sense to me. Thanks for the clarification, Rob.

» » #1, #3, #4 and #8... would wear any one of them.

»

» Me too...

» But if I had to have one I guess it would be 8.

»

» -Rob

I like 8, but I think the font is a little sharp looking and the the color might be better if it were a dark brown, instead of black. Maybe a darker brown strap too.

I think keeping finishes more brown looks more like tobacco... My watch needs to match properly when I am smoking...

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

It has been a long term dream of mine to produce a HABANOS watch. One which members of FOH could purchase a numbered Limited edition as well as for the general Habanos loving market.

As some of you know, a major business of ours is ORIS Swiss Mechanical watches. ORIS is a proud Swiss watch making company founded in 1904. We are fortunate in being a major world wide dealer and Authorised retailer. www.friendsoforis.com is our ORIS watch forum home to over 3000 ORIS zealots who have put their heads together to come up with some prototype designs for your input.

All the watches below are of a large size. They suit any wrist from 6 1/2 inch to 8 inch. I won't go into too much detail except to say that they would retail from $950 USD for the majority of the designs except for those prototypes with a World Timer movement (two subdials) which is an award winning Swiss complication. The World Timer models would retail for near $1900 USD.

These are life time pieces to be handed on.

Cases are all Stainless steel, Sapphire crystal, swiss mechanical movement, alligator leather strap. Don't worry at this point about the technicalities ( eg Leather strap colour) as once we have one or two designs narrowed down, we will work with the designers to develop a final prototype for your comments. The back of the case will be appropriately lazer etched signifying the release with a movement skeleton window.

Just a note. Many of the designs use a colorado or maduro leaf design as the dial. We have taken photo's of a classic Maduro (Cohiba Genios) and Colorado (Cohiba Robusto) and will use that as the dial back ground. Whie not showing up that well in these photo's, they would provide warmth to the dial as well as a delicate intricate pattern of the leafs natural veins.

I will have a poll set out on the right hand side of the Forum shortly. Please take the time to lodge your preference as to design type. It will help us immeasurably. Your comments are also appreciated.

Prototype FOH watch 1

image4312.jpg

Prototype FOH watch 2

image4313.jpg

Prototype FOH watch 3

image4314.jpg

Prototype FOH watch 4

image4315.jpg

Prototype FOH Watch 5

image4316.jpg

Prototype FOH Watch 6

image4317.jpg

Prototype FOH Watch 7

image4318.jpg

Prototype FOH Watch 8

image4319.jpg

Prototype FOH Watch 9

image4320.jpg

Prototype FOH Watch 10

image4321.jpg

Prototype FOH Watch 11

image4323.jpg

» »

» » Prototype FOH Watch 10

» »

» » image4321.jpg

»

» I voted for this one. I also like 4 and 5.

Yep, me too. No. 8 is a close second, but the "white" (silver, turquoise, whatever :-D) numbers on the No. 10 stand out more / look nicer than on No. 8 IMO

If you can do number 3's leaf color, with the leaf in the date/day, and ORIS/HAVANA font's...but with the yellow ORIS/HAVANA color and black numbers, date/day from 8.....that would be it....I'd buy one on the spot. Thanks Rob, great idea.

»

» Prototype FOH watch 3

»

» image4314.jpg

»

»

» Prototype FOH Watch 8

»

» image4319.jpg

»

I like #10 best. The changes I would make would be to have the numbers in the font of #6, or better still, no numbers at all, just the tic marks where the numbers would be. Very classy watches Rob!!

» Prototype FOH Watch 10

»

» image4321.jpg

»

» Prototype FOH Watch 6

»

» image4317.jpg

»