Flamingo Everglades Kayak Fishing

Miami101

Hi

guys

Number five was a dolphin looking for food. It freak us out.....we thought it was a shark at 1st.

The other fish was a blue fish...it left a nice mark on my finger..I was working on bringing it on the boat, and my hand landed in it mouth.

I'm working on a fly fishing trip soon.

i was thinking shark as well. we often see dolphins at fraser and places. usually not a good sign if fishing for tailor/bluefish as they take off. not a big surprise. one of my favourite memories was lat one arvo at fraser, near indian for those that know the place, where two dolphins had caught a tailor and (they must have already eaten their fill) were actually tossing it back and forth and catching it, like kids playing with a ball. amazing. similar to those shots of the killer whales doing the same with a baby seal.

for us, tailor are named after tailor shears because of their ability to bite and cut through anything. i have a large scar on one finger thanks to dealing with one decent sized fish.

did yours have worms? i gather that many of yours do whereas it is extremely rare for us.

»

» Hey Colt45 it is a Grouper....not sure the type of grouper.

that is the wussiest groper of all time. over here, they can swallow a human whole without touching the sides. mind you, they are reasonably friendly and only likely to cause problems out of curiousity.

mind you, the few bones and tarpon we have also belong, sadly, in the wussy basket.

• 10 months later...

If you ever get a chance to visit Miami check out Flamgo Everglades:

Smokes of the day:

VEGAS ROBAINA DON ALEJANDRO started this smoke around 3:30 AM for the long drive.

ROMEO Y JULIETA CAZADORES: when fishing...and maybe an Olivia Series V

Olivia Series V End of day.

image4949.jpg

Closer Look:

image4951.jpg

image4952.jpg

image4953.jpg

image4954.jpg

image4955.jpg

image4958.jpg

image4956.jpg

image4957.jpg

image4959.jpg

Everglades Magic:

image4960.jpg

image4961.jpg

End of the day: We kept two fish, because they where not going to make it. Red Fish, and Bass

image4966.jpg

We went fishing the next day: forgot the camera...here are the keepers. I gave them to my friend....

image4963.jpg

image4965.jpg

image4964.jpg

» » Carlos, great pics as always. What is this one called?

» »

» » image4967.jpg

»

» Hey Colt45 it is a Grouper....not sure the type of grouper.

It's a Jewfish. Recently changed name to Goliath Grouper because people thought the name was offensive. Stupid if ya ask me...next thing you know they'll change the Rockfish in fear it will offend crack heads.

By the way Carlos...the Jewfish is a protected fish. Cant harvest them at all....and a newly appointed rule, you can't even take them out of the water for a picture as they now consider that "harvesting". They are tightening the noose.

Ken, yes that may be a tiny one, but they get to be huge. Its one of the biggest prehistoric fish around.

Jewfish-12a.jpg

db_goliath_grouper1.jpg