IFA Redfish Tourney

CIGARHead

I was in my 1st pro tournament this past weekend. Got 7th place out of 31 team boats. Caught a bunch of Redfish, most smaller. I caught the one Im holding(on right) way up in the spartina grass at high tide. He was 25" and 5.68 lbs. My partner Capt. Tom caught his up near the grass line as well. Mines a bit mangled from fighting him up in the grass.

Tourney was best 2 Redfish, aggregate weight. We ended up w/ 10.35 lbs.

Such a fun time..and won some dough.

1-1.jpg

» congrats indeed. is this on fly or anything goes?

Ken, thanks.

This was strictly artificial lures, soft plastic etc...you could have used a fly rod. I used a spinning reel. I use a Shimano Stella 3000 on a G. Loomis Greenwater rod.

The Redfish have to be legal (18" to 27")...You have to keep the Reds alive in the livewell or they dont count. After the weigh-in, they are placed in a big aerated pen, then released once fully recovered.

» I love Redfish.....it is one of my fav's......Are you guy @ Mosquito River?

No, this is in Jacksonville, FL. We live in St Augustine, but had to launch out of Jacksonville. We made the run down to St. Augustine which was about a 50 min. boat ride.

We do go to Mosquito Lagoon quite often though. World Class Redfish down there. Its about an hour from my house.

Nice pics..I use a Stella with a G Loomis as one of my combo's. Nice outfit..Take a look at FigRig Rods..I have switched out most of my StCroix, Loomis with these as have many on the pro circuits up north.

www.figrigrods.com.