AMICIgar de Cuba !

Mr. Japan

That is great news about the 2006/2007 tobacco quality. A good excuse to stop buying up early 07 RASCC.

• 6 months later...

Ciao to all, just back last Sunday from l’Havana and what a great trip.

With all our club members we had a great time visiting Partagas, H Upmann, El Laguito, Robaina in Pinar del Rio and almost all the top tiendas in the city.

One day leaving Partags on the side of the Capitolio we have organized a football match Italy-Cuba. Unfortunately, playing without shoes on the hot floor, myself and my brother “burnt” so the game was suspended, but there was already crowd.

I also spent an evening at Cafè de Oriente at the GALA of Partagas Festival and I was kissed by la suerte as I won a beautiful humidor of Mastro de Paia containing 30 Gran Corona from La China.

On a day visit to Matanzas I enjoyed a very tasty PinaColada at the mirador of Bacunayagua.

I was able to visit Don Alejandro Robaina. Long the road going I have a good memory of the stop during the trip at a café(120 km cafè) for drinking cane juice freshly squeezed. Great memory we have all for the hospitality of the Robaina family, the best lunch had in Cuba, the cigars given (one unique vitola called Il Padrino "the Godfather") and a lot more. Beeing around I have noticed that some of leaves in fermentation had indicated the new "capero" variety clearly. We have passed 4 beautiful hours and the news of greater relief is that according to Don Alejandro the tobacco of 2006/2007 year is the best one from 1983! When will these cigars be on the market????

I had also a nice dinner at paladar “La Casa” with our friend Hamlet that of course send a big hug to “his hermano” Rob and to Lisa and all FOH members.

On May 1st, I wanted to be in Plaza de Revolution for the "primero de Mayo", but they have said us that I had to wake up at 6am .... I opted for a lunch at la Bodeguita (nothing special .. but it had to be made). Same day I member to have drunk a good beer to the premises of Plaza Vieja the Muralla .

Beside the great prices available in Cuba I was surprised at LCDH on Fifth Avenue 10 Seis , where a full side Walk In Humidor had 40% of reduction in price on the listed price.

Recovered our spirit several times at Jazz Café listening live jazz music, but missed Oscar junior Valdes or to listen to Alfredo Rodriguez Jr to the Zorra y el Cuervo while others have gone to the Delirio Habanero or Casa della Musica. Also back place called El Diablo Tun Tun, very Cuban place.

Bye bye Cuba !

image6432.jpgimage6433.jpgimage6434.jpgimage6435.jpg

• 1 month later...