The OFFICIAL FOH Tampa Get Together Thread

As Rob's Journey is getting closer, I see that other areas that Rob will be visiting are making plans to entertain him while he is in town. The Tampa Bay area is no different, yet we have a lot of Cigar Culture to expose him to while he is here.

So Make your plans to spend Saturday July 19th with El Prez A.K.A. Rob Ayala here in Tampa Bay.

We are checking into historic cigar museums to visit, checking out Ybor City, eating at the Famous Columbia Restaurant, Smoking our brains out all the while laughing and having a grand old time.

So Please post here to let us know how many we will have for the gathering, and as we get all the specifics nailed down we will post them right here.

Looking forward to meeting everyone that comes and making this a fun filled day and evening!

Tampa

• Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eight years ago today, on St. Patrick's Day in 2010, our great friend and my cigar mentor, Chuck (Tampa1257) passed. I usually make a post on this date in his honor. For this year, I thought it best t

As Rob's Journey is getting closer, I see that other areas that Rob will be visiting are making plans to entertain him while he is in town. The Tampa Bay area is no different, yet we have a lot of Cig

Thankyou all for a senstaional bloody time :-) Particular thanks to Chuck and Professor twain for putting on a remarkable day It was great to meet up with all of you and to spend a day in the life o

I will try and bring both myself and a friend. If I'm really fortunate I'll be able to bring my lovely wife and give her some time away from our little ones.

It would be great to see you all again. I know Chuck has probably smoked more in a month than I've had in a year!

» Tampa,

»

» If people were coming in from out of town, where would you recommend they

» stay that would be close to the activities?

Patrick,

Excellent question and I am going to research the best opportunities. Because of the way that Tampa Bay is laid out (Yes we do have a Bay that we work around LOL), we have hotels right at the Tampa Airport, we have Hotels near Ybor City (The Cigar Capital of the USA during the early 1900's) and we have beautiful St Petersburg, which is where we plan on ending the evening. Regardless of where out of towners may like to stay, they will be within 1/2 hour to the Airport.

I'll get a list of accomodations that would fit the requirements and post back on this thread.

There are a lot of Hotels available around the Tampa Airport, which is just about dead center of all the action between St Petersburg and Ybor City. www.Hotels.com provides all the contact info as well as price info. Transportation will be needed in this area. Here is a link to hotels in the area.

http://www.hotels.com/processIndexSearch.d...08&refined=true

Seeing that my flight leaves Vegas prior to the meet up there I will hopefully make this meet....since I live here.

Tampa Humidor may be a good place to have a nice herf also. LOTS of room, Lots of big comfy chairs and beer/wine. Just a thought....

This should be fun! It'll be nice to meet the man behind the curtain! :-D

What the general thoughts of the day are, (This is still very loosely planned as we are still working on the details). The thoughts are that we gather mid morning on Saturday in Ybor City for a morning cigar and a cup or two of Cuban Coffee maybe at King Coronas on 7th, then enjoy a fine Cuban style lunch at the World Famous Columbia. The details are still being worked out, but after lunch we hope to have a tour of a Cigar Museum explaining the rich Cigar History of the Tampa Bay area. After that we are discussing going to St Petersburg to Central Cigars, on Central where they have a large area filled with over stuffed leather couches and a full bar as well as WiFi access. The Pier overlooking St Petersburg and Tampa Bay is actually walking distance and the night life in downtown St Petersburg is great to enjoy for a meal if needed. I understand that boys well be boys, so for those that want to explore adult activities, there is Mons Venus or the 2001 Space Odysey which is open until 5am.

It looks like we will have a a lot of great people attending, bring plenty to smoke, as this could turn out to be a 10-15 cigar day!!!:-D

Tampa

EDITED:

Greetings, You are more than welcome to attend the Tampa Get Together on July 19th.

But trying to get the "word out" of a Ashtray you have available on Ebay on your first and only post is not the way the members of FOH do things.

May I suggest that you read the rules, read the forum, get to know the membership and allow them the opportunity to get to know you.

Hopefully you will take the time and join us on July 19th.

Tampa

Tampa what are the dates for the event???

I really would like to come to the event, and maybe comes with other members from Miami.......................................................

O.K. I just saw the dates... sounds good let me get my house in order:

Chuck,

Thought I'd posted this last night, but don't see anything in the list, so I must have suffered another Senior Moment.

I will certainly be there for the Ybor portion, at the very least, more if time permits.

Please add me to the list...

Mike Denson

Mike it will be good to see you again!

So far, we are approaching 18-20 and getting more RSVP's all the time. Sounds like we are going to have a great time in the Tampa Bay area when Rob's in town.

I'm just trying to get a rough head count, so if it looks like you are heading to Tampa and can join us for a day of Good Friends of Habanos please let me know!

Tampa

The 19th is the same day as the Red Bull Flugtag event going on downtown next to the convention center. I definitely will be attending the morning smoke and breakfast events but then I have to go with the fiancee who wants to watch red bulled up fools try to fly off the top of the convention center.

Gawd, just saw this thread and wish I could be there. I am actually in Orlando all next week, but I fly out of there on the 19th. Woulda been awesome to meet some of ya. Maybe next time!!! Have fun and enjoy!

Don