Some (not very good) pics

Thanks Mel...much appreciated. Good to see Yasmel again! If he is doing the UK then he is on the fast track. Keep an eye on him. He rolls excellent cigars and in a few years could reach the upper tier of roller royalty ;-)

» Thanks Mel...much appreciated. Good to see Yasmel again! If he is doing the

» UK then he is on the fast track. Keep an eye on him. He rolls excellent

» cigars and in a few years could reach the upper tier of roller royalty ;-)

Last night at the "Party" I did not know that it was Yasmel.

An H&L staff member told me that the two cigars would be in stores from today so I went off to Selfridges, the large department store where JJ Fox have a concession. The Hoyo and Mag50 hadn't arrived yet and may arrive in a week or so.

So I took myself off in a huff and went upstairs to the clothing department wherein lay the toilets. Seated just outside the gents was Yasmel. I now learned that it was indeed he, as there was a notice on his desk naming him. I asked him if he had been in Aussieland recently and learned yes, indeed it was THE Yasmel. How ridiculous though. The walk in Humi is on the ground floor so why stick Yasmel upstairs, where there was no audience to appreciate his art. Selfridges had a deal on to celebrate Partagas 150 years. If one spent £30 on Partagas cigars, they would be entitled to buy a Yasmel for £10. A bit of a choker because I had one for free last night.

Anyway, the promotion included 10% off D4s so I bought a 3 pack for £36 or US$24 per stick and bought another Yasmel to give him something to do.

Hi HC7,

one of England's eccentrics and well known here. Jimmy Saville is in his 80's now.

He started off as a DJ, then got his own tv prog called Jim'll fix it, in which he made some kiddies' dreams come true.

He has raised millions of £££, for chatity.

» Hi HC7,

» one of England's eccentrics and well known here. Jimmy Saville is in his

» 80's now.

» He started off as a DJ, then got his own tv prog called Jim'll fix it, in

» which he made some kiddies' dreams come true.

» He has raised millions of £££, for chatity.

I'm sure he's a very fine chap. I was just giving Ken a hard time because both Ken and Jimmy wear their hair a little on the long side and have glasses. But I don't think anyone would say Ken is an eccentric. :no:

• 5 months later...

So tonight, well last night now, was the launch of the Magnum 50s and the Hoyo Epicure Especiale in London.

No, no review as I wouldn't do them justice. Besides, I only smoked the Hoyo and some bastard nicked my Magnum. We were given one of each and the "special" to take home from H&F was an aged R&J, Prince of Wales from April '98 ESU.

It was a nice evening weatherwise but having champers shoved down my throat from the outset, didn't do much for my photographic efforts.

Billed as a Summer Cigar Party, there was the usual H&F hospitality of Cuban Band, a torcedor, champagne and Mojitos, plus a plate of roasted hog.

The Cuban Ambassador was there:

image6914.jpg

The Torcedor was a top grade roller from the Partagas factory:

image6915.jpg

I posed as "Our man in Havana"

image6916.jpg

Here's one for Yossie:

Yashimuro is a Japanese Cuban:

image6917.jpg

The best looking woman was one of the H&F staff:

image6918.jpg

The blurb:

image6919.jpg

and the prices for the UK:

image6920.jpg

Jimmy Saville OBE was there as usual.

This guy has raised millions for charity:image6921.jpg

I was told the two cigars will be in store tomorrow, so I will pick up a couple of singles as I couldn't buy them at the gig.

Laters,

mel39