Some Pics from Havana and great friends.

El Presidente

Not a "needle ****" cigar in sight... tsk tsk. LOL.

Also, what the heck kind of "bbq" is that? It looks to be the size of a 2L bottle of soda. How do you cook anything on it? And don't give me that "it's Cuba" excuse when there's Lobster on the table with such a great wine selection. :D

» Not a "needle ****" cigar in sight... tsk tsk. LOL.

»

» Also, what the heck kind of "bbq" is that? It looks to be the size of a 2L

» bottle of soda. How do you cook anything on it? And don't give me that

» "it's Cuba" excuse when there's Lobster on the table with such a great

» wine selection. :D

Looks like a great time had by all

Guillaume....magnificent Chapagne.

They passed on their best wishes to you and to Kjell, Gino, Rio, Stan, Ken and Don.

For others visiting Havana, always drop me a line prior so that I may arrange a true slice of Havana life with some great friends.

It is great to hear your story, Rob, and I'm releived to see you were still capable of some serious fun in Havana. Your schedule on this trip would have put me in a coma long before Cuba! :D

The pictures of you, Jose, Hamlet and their families speak loudly of a very special friendship indeed. I shudder at thinking of the lifts home with Hamlet, though, hahaha.

» Guillaume....magnificent Chapagne.

»

» They passed on their best wishes to you and to Kjell, Gino, Rio, Stan, Ken

» and Don.

»

» For others visiting Havana, always drop me a line prior so that I may

» arrange a true slice of Havana life with some great friends.

Ahhhhh, to be young again.... That trip would have put me in th hospital. Great photos of a great time. Thanks

The envy inside me is overwhelming... exept for that plane ride! The way you describe it makes me think of that scene from 'The GOlden Child' where Eddie Murphy is on a long flight to Nepal and there's goats and chickens and some woman offering him raw squid and the like.

» Everything is so familiar, the government billboard propoganda, the delapidated cars, the bicycles, the 2 stroke motorbikes, the taxi driver honking at every woman under the age of 30...»

Hi Rob,

I've only been to Havana twice, so I'm not the veteran that you are, but your quote above about the feeling of familarity as you arrive (especially the taxi driver honking at every girl/woman under 30!!!) rings true! Maybe it's the island mentality, but even the first time we were in Havana things seemed familiar. We got a better economy and better beer, they got the better weather and the best cigars: Sometimes I think they lucked out... ;-)

Looking forward to your update on the 'Monte Sport' plus any other news you have from Havana.

And next time I go to Havana, I'll take you up on your offer:-D

Harry

Nice pix Rob! I hate Cubana Air reps in Cancun, those dudes are crooks and are allways trying to milk you for a mordida (bribe). The main dude to look out for is Saul the biggest ******* there in Cancun Cubana. Last time he sold our seat and I felt like hammer fisting his face.Next time Ill pay the extras and Ill fly Mexicana.

Looks like you had a tremendo fiesta. Jose looks good and it looks like you guys partied hard. La comida looked awesome especially the lagosta. I plan to head back early next year and hopefully can hook up with Jose. Looks like you had fun and puros look very nice. Im jealous haha

» What a great trip. Thanks for sharing it.

»

» What can you tell us about the cigars? These are fairly fresh, I assume? I

» see a couple of bands; a Monte 2 and a Lusi? Or is that an SLR DC?

The cigars in the photo were very fresh. The Customs were rolled and brought by Ranier. A few Monte 2's were brought by Jose to try current production. The Partagas Churchill De Luxe is a current favourite of Hamlet.