18 YEAR RYE !

DocRKS

Sazerac 18 Year RYE!!!... I just opened this year's release from the Buffalo Trace Antiques Collection that came out in November.

What an explosion of flavours are contained in one glass... This is a BIG whiskey - drinks much bigger than the 90 Proof indicator on the label. Heavy spice on the nose. As the 18 year old legend points to, this is a well matured spirit. Great well rounded and velvety mouth feel. Almost a chewy-ness to the texture of the drink. Flashes of citrus and leather and syrup-like molasses all end with a long lasting and warming end to a delicious drink.

I paired this with a '97 PARTY LUSI and found the pairing allowed both the cigar and the whiskey to complement each other - one did not overpower the other taste at all.

This was a wonderful start to the Christmas Holidays. I feel this whiskey is worth looking for and will add to your Holiday celebrations as well.

Lovely description.

I have never had Rye Whiskey but I will seek out a bottle to try :blush::)

Well Rob,

It may be too late for Father Christmas to complete this sorely lacking area of your knowledge of Adult Beverage...... but maybe the New Year's Gnome, who is based in the greater New York area, may be able to 'round out your education!!!" in this very critical field of study.. LOL!!!

A Very Happy Christmas to You and Your Family, Rob...

Best Fraternal Regards....

Roman

Well Rob,

It may be too late for Father Christmas to complete this sorely lacking area of your knowledge of Adult Beverage...... but maybe the New Year's Gnome, who is based in the greater New York area, may be able to 'round out your education!!!" in this very critical field of study.. LOL!!!

A Very Happy Christmas to You and Your Family, Rob...

Best Fraternal Regards....

Roman

I am not normally a big rye drinker. However, this one is a good one! A must try!