10 Cane Rum

JMH

I'm looking for a lighter rum to be used in mojitos and a few other cocktails where a lighter rum is called for. I've seen 10 cane mentioned a few times, so I thought I'd ask if anyone here has tried it. I haven't seen it in any of my local bottle-o's so I don't suppose anyone would know where I could find a bottle in sydney? On the topic of lighter rums, any suggestions or personal favourites?

Thanks!

I'm looking for a lighter rum to be used in mojitos and a few other cocktails where a lighter rum is called for. I've seen 10 cane mentioned a few times, so I thought I'd ask if anyone here has tried it. I haven't seen it in any of my local bottle-o's so I don't suppose anyone would know where I could find a bottle in sydney? On the topic of lighter rums, any suggestions or personal favourites?

Thanks!

it is a reasonably new one being brought in by LVMH from memory. not bad as a mixer. the ten canes refers to the idea that each bottle needs ten canes. it should be reasonably readily available in sydney. try ultimo or five way cellars or if you have a good retail wine store you use, get them to chase it. (checked - it is brought in by moet hennessey). from trinidad. one other that i would recommend though will be a bit more exy and probably harder to find (same sources should track it for you or ring distributor direct - 03 96999410) - rhum JM from martinique. from heritiers crassous de medeuil. one of the better lighter rums, though a little more alcoholic than many - if that is not a contradiction, that i've tried.

10 Cane is rather pricey as far as rums go,

I dont know if that is something I would be mixing drinks with.

I havent had it yet(but looking forward to trying),

but at the cost I'd be drinking it neat.

that is a fair point but i must say that i do not find it a rum for sipping neat. be interesting to see if it succeeds long term as an expensive mixer.

HC7 is my usual rum, but I'm looking for something a bit lighter. I was going to go with HC3, but not finding it in any of my local stores, I thought if I was going to have to order something in, I might as well try something completely different.