1966 Grange

habanablue

Was at my uncle's place for Christmas dinner. He decided that it is better to get into this now rather than die wondering (not that he is going to drop soon..but you know what I mean)

Beautiful colour - Looked like a tawny port - a light charred wood colour, but with none fo the fortified taste of a tawny. had some sediment (to be expected).

Fantastic spice and rich raison taste on the palate. Finish seemed to go on forever.

Shared with great company (my old man and another uncle) to celebrate Christmas!

Was at my uncle's place for Christmas dinner. He decided that it is better to get into this now rather than die wondering (not that he is going to drop soon..but you know what I mean)

Beautiful colour - Looked like a tawny port - a light charred wood colour, but with none fo the fortified taste of a tawny. had some sediment (to be expected).

Fantastic spice and rich raison taste on the palate. Finish seemed to go on forever.

Shared with great company (my old man and another uncle) to celebrate Christmas!

long time since i have seen one but it was always a terrific grange. would suspect that these days, a bit of a lottery at that age so fantastic to get a good one. mate, who is a top guide in nz on the north island, had a 57 for christmas. was given to him by a mutual friend, who used to work at penfolds. one of the very rare granges and was still in great condition. i checked the internet. cheapest bottle available was pushing $10k and next cheapest about $18k. my mate in nz had no idea.

long time since i have seen one but it was always a terrific grange. would suspect that these days, a bit of a lottery at that age so fantastic to get a good one. mate, who is a top guide in nz on the north island, had a 57 for christmas. was given to him by a mutual friend, who used to work at penfolds. one of the very rare granges and was still in great condition. i checked the internet. cheapest bottle available was pushing $10k and next cheapest about $18k. my mate in nz had no idea.

Ignorance is bliss, Ken. . .