H Upmann Magnum 50 (July 08) Video Review.

El Presidente

Good fun as usual guys. I just have one request.

In future could you film Ken from a different angle , I watched this one with a hint of fear that he would do a Sharron Stone . :D

In future could you film Ken from a different angle , I watched this one with a hint of fear that he would do a Sharron Stone . :covereyes:

I think he shows his Jatz Crackers on purpose :cigar:

In future could you film Ken from a different angle , I watched this one with a hint of fear that he would do a Sharron Stone . :cigar:

He refused to move for anyone, I think he will be missing from next weeks review. If PJ can improve on his 'smooth' description of the cigar he will be taking Kens place permanently.

Thanks, fellows. Entertaining and evocative review. Listening to this, it just occurred to me that these Mag 50's have a bit of the SLR DC flavor profile in them. Couldn't put my finger on it until now. In any event, a nice complex smoke.

These video reviews are great! Entertaining and informative. :cigar:

I think you gents have hit it spot on. The Mag 50s are ones to stock up on. Very good now, and with HU's tendency to substantially improve with age, my guess is smithy and Ken are right, great in 5 to 10. (insert crossed fingers icon here)

there was no chance of anything escaping. the boys were not set free.

terrific job, smithy, shame you completely stuffed up the first review on the trini rob ex. that was when all the good stuff was done.

and i note you shut out the bit about you wearing a shirt with one of the wiggles on it (apparently the one named murray, according to smithy).

and loved the background music.

there was no chance of anything escaping. the boys were not set free.

terrific job, smithy, shame you completely stuffed up the first review on the trini rob ex. that was when all the good stuff was done.

and i note you shut out the bit about you wearing a shirt with one of the wiggles on it (apparently the one named murray, according to smithy).

and loved the background music.

I watched the review again I kind of find the sweet tatse in H Upmann strange. The 1st time I smoked a H Upmann Maggnum 40 I was loving it until my mate told me he was tasting Sea salt. He ruined the smoke for me because I could not think of anything but the Sea salt taste. I later notice on the new release the taste of sea slat had gone away. Not sure if you have had this taste in a H Upmann. I love H Upmann, but it took time for me to grow into them.

I watched the review again I kind of find the sweet tatse in H Upmann strange. The 1st time I smoked a H Upmann Maggnum 40 I was loving it until my mate told me he was tasting Sea salt. He ruined the smoke for me because I could not think of anything but the Sea salt taste. I later notice on the new release the taste of sea slat had gone away. Not sure if you have had this taste in a H Upmann. I love H Upmann, but it took time for me to grow into them.

can honestly say that is not someting i have ever associated with this smoke. will watch for it but will be surprised???

can honestly say that is not someting i have ever associated with this smoke. will watch for it but will be surprised???

Not as surprised as I was when I noticed you dancing in your chair, after Ayala's effort I thought you would have learnt.

Not as surprised as I was when I noticed you dancing in your chair, after Ayala's effort I thought you would have learnt.

i was merely inspired by your 'direct from *** island' wiggles shirt. and what grown man, other than posibly a wiggle himself, knows what their names are?

the best you can hope for is that third gender that was posted.

BTW, I smoked a Jul 08 Mag 50 last night and it was indeed superb. I wonder about the aging potetial of these as there is so little bite or "mongrel" as Rob likes to say in this super smooth blend that maybe it wont evolve alot from where it is now.

My experience with aging cigars is that the harsher, more powerful young cigras tend to age very well and mellow out over time. Many of the EL's for example are basically unsmokeable when young but do calm down and improve greatly with 3, 4, 5 years on them. Not sure about cigars that come out the gate smoking great though. It will be interesting to see with these how much better than can get.

BTW, I smoked a Jul 08 Mag 50 last night and it was indeed superb. I wonder about the aging potetial of these as there is so little bite or "mongrel" as Rob likes to say in this super smooth blend that maybe it wont evolve alot from where it is now.

My experience with aging cigars is that the harsher, more powerful young cigras tend to age very well and mellow out over time. Many of the EL's for example are basically unsmokeable when young but do calm down and improve greatly with 3, 4, 5 years on them. Not sure about cigars that come out the gate smoking great though. It will be interesting to see with these how much better than can get.

I agree but I think these won't need to age as long to get to stellar levels maybe 3yrs these should hit there peek performance!

Like the video format guys. You guys shoud bring Ken on a day out to a decent mans clothing store to update the wardrope... :rolleyes:

pj had a shirt naming him 'mr insurance'; rob had the winning entry in the 'is there a gayer shirt on this planet' comp; and stanley had a wiggles shirt, and even could name the specific wiggle.

and you have a problem with my wardrobe?

• 10 months later...