Hello from Ecuador

Martindelmundo

Hi all. My name is Martin, I've been into cigars for 3 years. My frist cigar board so I'm intrested in learning from all you guy's. My part of the world all I can really get is Habanos and it seems no one is as intrested as I am about cigars so I bet you'll are as pasionate as me and I'll learn a lot.

Martin

Welcome to FOH, Martin...

You are the 1st cigar lover from Ecuador I have the honour of addressing !!!!! :buddies:

I guarantee you will enjoy your experience here - lots of great people all equally passionate about these rolled up bits of tobacco!!!!!

Welcome Martin! My wifes from Guayaquil, Ecuador. We are planning on visiting again this year. Have any recommendations for cigar shops in that area? Lots of great people with a wealth of information around here... enjoy! Ciao -EGS

Hey EGS. I don't know Guayaquil all that good so it's hard to say, but I went though some business cards that I have and one from La casa del habano looks like they distribute to a chain company called "El Bodegon" en Guayaquil. But I don't know how there cigars are keeped. El Bodegon is like a liquor store here but the will have true Habanos . The problem here is there's a lot of farse habanos so if you venture off the beaten path you should really look into what some of the counterfeits look like. Cohiba, Montecristo and RyJ are counterfeited a lot. If you every get to Quito they have 3 casa del habanos but only one with a lounge next to Hotel Quito. You can smoke in any bar here and some resturantes. Good luck when you get to Guayaquil and if I find a good ecuadorean puro (hard to find a good one) I'll let you know.

Martin

Welcome Martin!

Good friend Shagga and Merlso were on the deck before Christmas. It was agreed that we should look into purchasing a house in Ecuador on the beach. it was 4pm Friday :buddies: Shagga is not one to pul back so by 5:30....8 beers later and a Laptop he is bidding for houses online in Ecuador :lol:

Welcome aboard amigo!

Welcome Martin!

I have been to Ecuador many times, riding the old steam locomotives on the Guayaquil & Quito Railroad and also got to ride the railroad to Cuenca (a beautiful city) before the line closed. I've found the people in the mountains to be very friendly, but Guayaquil was a little dicey!

Hey EGS. I don't know Guayaquil all that good so it's hard to say, but I went though some business cards that I have and one from La casa del habano looks like they distribute to a chain company called "El Bodegon" en Guayaquil. But I don't know how there cigars are keeped. El Bodegon is like a liquor store here but the will have true Habanos . The problem here is there's a lot of farse habanos so if you venture off the beaten path you should really look into what some of the counterfeits look like. Cohiba, Montecristo and RyJ are counterfeited a lot. If you every get to Quito they have 3 casa del habanos but only one with a lounge next to Hotel Quito. You can smoke in any bar here and some resturantes. Good luck when you get to Guayaquil and if I find a good ecuadorean puro (hard to find a good one) I'll let you know.

Martin

Thank for the tips! I'll do most of my purchasing in Quito. See you around the boards!! EGS

Martin -

What are the smoking policies/laws like in Ecuador?

Is cigar smoking allowed in restaurants and/or bars?

Will you be stopped if walking around the streets with a lit cigar?

Depending on the answers, I may be looking for a nice beach house as well..... :blush:

Hi all. My name is Martin, I've been into cigars for 3 years. My frist cigar board so I'm intrested in learning from all you guy's. My part of the world all I can really get is Habanos and it seems no one is as intrested as I am about cigars so I bet you'll are as pasionate as me and I'll learn a lot.

Martin

[b]

Welcome Aboard!

Aaarrrggghhh. . .[/b]

You must tell us about your rhums and coffee as well.

Wellcome , Ecuador is land of the cigar Wrappers are you in teh business?

Martin -

What are the smoking policies/laws like in Ecuador?

Is cigar smoking allowed in restaurants and/or bars?

Will you be stopped if walking around the streets with a lit cigar?

Depending on the answers, I may be looking for a nice beach house as well..... :D

Well the smoking laws aren't to bad. You can smoke in any bar or restaurant that will allow it and if they allow cigarette smoking they won't harass you for a cigar. I don't think you'll be stopped for having a cigar lit on the streets but I'm sure you'll get some funny looks because it's not a normal site to see. If you want to have a home on the beach you might not want to buy in Esmeraldas or manta . But salinas is great to go to .