I am a blessed man

El Presidente

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I arrived to Czar House Wednesday 8:30am after 30 hrs of travel from Havana. I rang the doorbell suitcases in hand to be met by Lisa. Beaming smile and a hug only she can give. I love that girl. Sm

As I have read of your trip's experiences last year as well, it's clear that you are a grateful man and that pours into your writing and the people you attract.

Rob, Your gorgeous write up really gladdened my heart. True travel writing.

Dem

By far the most interesting and one of the best things I've read regarding living and enjoying life in Cuba.

As important as cigars are to that nation - they pale in comparrison to the issues you touched on in this outstanding posting.

Well Done, Rob ;)

Nobody quite does a trip report like you, Ayala.

A great way with words, an amazing sense of timing and an impeccable feel.

You are dead right... the cigars are meaningless. They always were. They only serve to bring us all together. (and make you a few bucks on he side ;) ).

Well done mate.

A perfect and eloquent description of your junket abroad; you truly are a wordsmith my friend. Superb photos; I’m jealous, what camera were you using?

It indeed was a marvelous bit of “yacking” between us as we caught up on the news of my friends at the Czar and the trials and triumphs of our progeny. We solved world economic crises, universal health care, Bob Browns’ merits, political debacles, exasperations and aspirations. I was in tears over some of your tales of fishing, both foreign and domestic. I shared with my sons descriptions of the “dance of death” and buffet gorging, mud bogging blokes and casting flies through the cheek (facial) of a boat partner. Thankfully it was a barbless hook! I had the boys belly laughing, doing my best to reiterate the same. Daniel mused that you are a great story teller. As others have noted here, should you choose to set to pen the same, those tales would be enthralling.

As a master caster, patiently instructing me and permitting me to use your gear was much appreciated. Their numbers are small of those who would permit one to do so. Ok, enough innuendos about our favorite whipping boy.

I was heartened by the rapport that developed between you, Maria Helena and Roger, my cuidadors. They very much appreciated you and your company.

Rob, your surprise and well received thoughts on assistance to impoverished (though quite rich in spirit) peoples is inspiring to us all. I was heartened to read that the hope planted in the hearts of the Cubanitas is blossoming as well. Bravissimo!

Yes we enjoyed some fine aperitifs, the Punch Petit Punch were mighty fine and the ’04 Cohiba Selection Reserva were beyond extraordinary (Lisa, he owes you a huge huggle from me for absconding with the stock and and one even grander from me just because.) However all said, at the end of the week I took away much more. You sir embody what I learned to be the difference between a friend and a mate. “When your friends are walking out, it is a mate who walks in”. Hasta pronto, mate.

AWESOME post Rob, I just wish I could have made it!

Fav part: "the difference between the man I am now and the man I will be in 10 years are the people I meet and the knowledge I acquire..." ;)

---> You and Don Candido in Vegas :o

~Mark

Yes we enjoyed some fine aperitifs, the Punch Petit Punch were mighty fine and the ’04 Cohiba Selection Reserva were beyond extraordinary (Lisa, he owes you a huge huggle from me for absconding with the stock and and one even grander from me just because.) However all said, at the end of the week I took away much more. You sir embody what I learned to be the difference between a friend and a mate. “When your friends are walking out, it is a mate who walks in”. Hasta pronto, mate.

Cheers mate. I look forward to giving you a call next week. Finished the book you gave me. Bloody interesting read.