SpeedyGonzales

¡Hola de Alemania!

Hello dear friends of Habanos,

I think it´s time to introduce myself with a few words… I have been reading this forum since quite a while, registered later, started posting recently – and now, that´s me: I´m from Hannover, Germany and work as a freelance photographer. I enjoy cigars on a daily basis since about 3 years now, I´d say 99% cuban cigars. I also moderate a Habanos-related forum over at Xing.com called „Havanna Cigar Club“ – it´s fun seeing it grow…

Have been to „down under“ a couple of years ago and enjoyed my time there. See some pictures here: Australia-Gallery

Greets, Speedy

Welcome to FOH Till, I lived in Germany for nearly 12 years, beautiful Countryside down in Bavaria IMHO, the north is a little too industrialized for my preference. Enjoy!

Hey Speedy, welcome and enjoy the FOH. I loved that TV show (your namesake) when I was a kid. Andale andale andale Arriba Arriba YEEEHAAA

Speedy -

What is the current state of smoking cigars in public places in Germany, i.e., Restaurants, Bars, sitiing on a park bench, etc?

Aaarrrggghhh. . .

Why that? I guess it´s because of my CC-rate?

@DocRKS: Situation could be described as an acceptable state of bans. You are free to smoke outdoors e.g. public places and park bench or private porch (except my neighbour is on war with me sometimes ;-) No smoking is allowed in trains, busses, offices or else. As to restaurants, bars and cafes: Smoking is generally forbidden until they have a separate room declared as a smoking lounge. This room must be smaller than the non-smoking part. If they only have one room they are forced to be non-smoking except in some states where they can declare theirselves to be "smokers-clubs"… so, did you understand everything? Sounds quite simple, doesn´t it? :D

Greets, Speedy (who is frustrated beyond belief because it is non-stop raining since months here and he personally has an outdoor-smoking-lounge only)