I always thought,but I can't remember where I heard it,

that corona was a shortened version of coronation,a vitola created for people to enjoy while celebrating HRMs coronation,in 57 I think.

I found this on another forum, Hope it helps.

Here is a popular origin of the word HERF:

"Herf†was first used by “Prince of Skeeves†on the newsgroup alt.smokers.cigars on November 21, 1996. On November 23rd, “Prince of Skeeves†explained: “To `herf’ is to draw on a cigar. It’s less vulgar than ‘suck’ and not as misleading as ‘toke’.â€

On July 11, 1997, “Prince of Skeeves†further explained: “The first time I heard the word ‘herf’ and recognized it’s potential for the enrichment of my vocabulary was in junior college in Clyde, Texas in 1982 from a blueblood derelict friend of my named Stu. In the context of the time it was used to describe the ungainly and humorous facial contortion required to deeply draw on a large, hand- rolled cigarette of unknown filling while driving a motor vehicle and keeping an eye peeled for the Callahan County sheriff. Later I found the term ‘herf’ described nicely the method for getting a good mouthful of tasty smoke from my favorite cigars.â€

:clap:

For a second I thought you were gonna say you felt like an idiot for smoking a Macanudo... :clap:

LOL! good one shlomo

I found this on another forum, Hope it helps.

Here is a popular origin of the word HERF:

"Herf†was first used by “Prince of Skeeves†on the newsgroup alt.smokers.cigars on November 21, 1996. On November 23rd, “Prince of Skeeves†explained: “To `herf’ is to draw on a cigar. It’s less vulgar than ‘suck’ and not as misleading as ‘toke’.â€

Well, I guess it's better to be invited to a "herf" than to a "suck" :2thumbs:

Rick

LCDH= La Casa del Habano ("The House of the Havana")

B&M = Brick and Mortar, i.e., a real cigar shop that you can physically visit and where you can purchase a cigar (not a virtual shop in Nigeria)