"I Know My CC"

shortsqueeze

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been back on the forums since a couple of weeks ago.I see that a lot of new members are here just want to say hi. I also see a lot of old members have passed some I met several times and were a class

Welcome back Jimmy! 

Are you implying that Jimmy might not be able to identify the cigars correctly? :)

Not at all, I was implying that the "game" would be rigged so to speak. But all seems well and everyone's intentions appear to be honorable. :idea:

Yossie is the guy to blame for all this fun.

laficion....le Yossie est une dame (i hope my French is still half decent :P )

After watching one of these take place last year with another seasoned cuban cigar smoker, the results basically parred with a coin flip on all of the areas that Josh has layed out.

I suspect that Jimmy, and a lot of others, will be surprised at the outcome. No offense to Jimmy, but I don't think that it is possible to "pass" a test like this unless you have the one in a billion palate.

Not at all, I was implying that the "game" would be rigged so to speak. But all seems well and everyone's intentions appear to be honorable. :)

It's all in good fun. I think Jimmy is a lot braver than I would be, and I think there's probably a good chance that he'll get it right.

But for now, let the games begin!

Jimmy, I have done these numerous times and it is indeed a fun exercise!

Enjoy.

I do believe ORIGIN hovever should be simplified to Cuban or Non Cuban. Unless you are an experienced NC smoker it would be hard to tell the difference between a Nicaraguan and a very good Honduran etc.

Your rules Josh :lol:

Jimmy, I have done these numerous times and it is indeed a fun exercise!

Enjoy.

I do believe ORIGIN hovever should be simplified to Cuban or Non Cuban. Unless you are an experienced NC smoker it would be hard to tell the difference between a Nicaraguan and a very good Honduran etc.

Your rules Josh :innocent:

I agree 100%. This and some of the extra elements were added just for more fun, kind of like the "bonus questions" you'd get on a quiz in school.

I still think Cubans are better if I pass or fail this test but I think I can tell the difference theirs a reason why most think Cubans are the best.

Also I don't think NC suck but I do think they do not have the complexity that Cubans offer and its because of the soil.

I do truthfully like VSG / Padron 64/26 (i do think the 64/26 are not as good as years ago) but wont go out and buy them because I think they are over priced .

I do think this is going to be a lot of fun and I am honored to be the guinea pig for this test.

I am very passionate about Cuban cigars and love the hobby and everything that's has to do with it.

Thought I might add this personal observation. I'm out on the porch writing a grant proposal today and since it's nice, I'm taking the opportunity to smoke a bit. The first cigar was a JLP Petit Cazadores. A powerful, brash little cracker. Liked it. Then I dug out an old favorite, an Ashton VSG Illusion. Gotta tell you, as I smoked it, I felt like it was just not hitting the spot. Put it down only a third in. Then I took out a Cohiba Sel Reserva Media Coronas, fired it up and all was good with the world again. I've long been a proponent of the "variety is the spice of life" viewpoint but today, even the VSG wasn't working for me. I might go dig out a Padron 64 or 26 after lunch. But if that doesn't light me up...I'm in serious trouble.

Wilkey

I have not had a NC cigar touch my lips in many, many moons now. Some have said that they are getting better tastes and liking competition I hope the best for them but I still don't buy them.

I don't know Jimmy but on his behalf I will say that cigar constancy is a key factor to his success. I think it is a fun experiment but I don't think that it really is going to prove that Jimmy knows or does not know Cuban cigars. I reside in Jimmy's camp however that Cuban cigars are the best in the world. I am backing you Jimmy, not in identifying where the NC cigars originate but in properly identifying the Cuban contenders. Good luck!

Somehow I see a gambling opportunity here. -LOL So who is going to handicap this???

The reason why more people are getting bored with NC is that CC have become much much better in the last 3 years as far as the flavor.

I think shortsqueeze is going to try more than anything is to try and trick me with the closest so call NC blended cigars that taste close to Cubans.

Well shall see like a great War General I am thinking out his every move as I think this will put me in the right frame of mind.

Hell he might not even send any Cubans ?

Jimmy is going to do just fine in this "experiment".

He knows his stuff and the only way he'll get it wrong is if he gets tricked or outsmarts himself.