Bolivar Short Bolivar - TEB JUL 08

asmith

Here is the other short robusto we tried this week. I have also included some music for the introduction as requested by Habanos2000, I hope you enjoy the little piece of Progressive European House Music. You ask and you will receive! :violin:

Another Great review guys

Must admire Rob for his honesty (EL SD #5 and this one ) a lot of dealers would be saying yea this Cigar is great just to get rid of them.

Shame they didn't live up to expectations I personally love these two marquees.

Better luck next time hey.

Oz Cuban :violin:

I do appreciate the honesty.

Do you think the finish had anything to do with the humidity referenced earlier. Perhaps that final third will smooth out with some time.

I was interested in this stick and the PSD 5 and now I am having second thoughts...

I had one of these last night (gifted from Professor Twain) and I found that while it did have the basic Bolivar profile from the start it seemed mild and muted. Only with about an 1.75 inches (4.5 cm for metric people) remaining did the power and flavors really pick up. That was short lived as it got too hot to smoke with about an inch left.

So the last inch was fantastic! (insert joke about your mother here)

Great reviews guys!

Ayala: "aroma at cold?"

Rain man: "beautiful construction".

Good work, men.

(Smithy, which cd is the intro music from - bathhouse bash-ups 1 or 2............)

Colt that was from your Bathhouse mix, and as for the Ayala construction call, I thought by now you would have realised that I never listen to what Ayala is saying anyway.

Colt

....Smithy freezes when the big questions are asked. Aroma at cold? and what's the vitola? really tax him.

.... I didn't know we had techno pop in the house. I suspect it came from Smithy's man bag, the one with the string muscle shirt and construction hat.

Well after many months rest the ones I have are very good the draw is slightly restricted and the burn is razor sharp. I had one Friday night and it was fantastic with a little scotch. My only problem is that towards the end you are wishing for about 4 more inches... That's what she said*badumbum* <_<

Supporting the saffies over the tahs.

Shame smithy, shame

Well I can't really support the reds, all I ever do there is donate money to Suncorp and end up throwing my beer on the ground and walking out. So at least you TahTahs have something to cheer for.

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad the cigar wasn't as good as the intro music!

But how do you attribute such a short cigar changing from good to 'not so good' in such a short length? I imagine there aren't any different leaves burning half way through, so what gives?

• 1 month later...

Well I just finished one of these about 2o mins ago... and loved it.

It didn't have any of the shortcomings that were described. The only thing I didn't like about it was the draw - it was somewhat loose and 'Padron-like'.

Maybe a couple of months made all the difference... or maybe I just have the pallet of a goat.

I'll write a review over the weekend.

• 1 year later...