Churchill's Cigar: Book Review

jquest63

Churchill's Cigar by Stephen McGinty

Quick read, interesting account of Churchill's cigar passion. Full of Churchill's witt, against a fascinating historical background. One of my favorite topics was how his cigars were screened for safety.

Enjoy

Quick read, interesting account of Churchill's cigar passion. Full of Churchill's witt, against a fascinating historical background. One of my favorite topics was how his cigars were screened for safety.

Enjoy

recently put it on order with amazon so good to know it is worthwhile.

• 5 months later...

I enjoyed this book also...I pretty quick read, but the one I really enjoyed was "Churchill's Last Years" (or by another name "Simply Churchill"), by Roy Howells :clap: . The author of this book was Winston's nurse and sometime valet (from April 1958 until Winston died on 24 Jan 1965), and gave a real sense of the person and domestic side of Winston at home at Chartwell and the family home at Hyde Park. In m view, Howells told a authoritative story in regard to Winston's particular habits taken from his legendary life, from the weak whiskeys and soda's he drank (and not to forget his verdict on how to drink and 'savor' brandy), to how he prepared and lit his cigars :clap: ...truly a great read.

Enjoy

definitely an enjoyable read.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This is looking to be a great read. Thanks for all the info!