"Dry" vs. "Sweet" Drinks With Cigars

Colt45

Agree with the Dr. Pepper! Always been a little afraid to admit it, but now that others have come out of the closet, so will I. And then, rum and a cigar is good when playing like a grown up.

Yeah that Dr. Pepper thing is a hit! Just something about the spice in there that works every time. On the alcoholic side of things, you appear to like the sweet vs dry. I highly recommend Pyrat XO or Zacapa w/ Coke Zero or Diet Coke.. The price point is about $40/bottle which isn't bad at all. Most rhummers think these are way too sweet, but I find they work really well mixed. Sailor Jerry+Coke is a favorite as well if you want a spiced rum.

hope this helps.

innova.

i think there's a lot in that but then most of the champers i've enjoyed with cigars has been dry.

have finally got hold of a bottle of the zacapa XO and will try that with a yet-to-be-determined cigar for tonight's state of origin.

what did you enjoy last saturday night's bledisloe cup game with Ken? :D

I have yet to have success with "dry" alcohols, not that i really drink them anyway. Not too keen on light beers lagers pilsners etc either - guinness, sweet belgian beers ok but still not my favourite cigar partner. Red wines get the cut. Crikey What's left??

"Dessert" sherries, port and all manner of fortified wines, scotch if the cigar can stand up to it - guess they're all sweet really...