recommendation please monti no. 5 or partagas short?

looking for a recommendation. can anyone give a quick review or flavor profile of the monti 5 or/and the partagas short. i had a monti 5 with about 2 years of age onit and it was fantastic! however, i do love the partagas line, especially the PSD4. any recommendations or quick review would be greatly appreciated. or maybe ill just buy a box or 10 of each and smoke away. lol.

thanks

Monte 5´s!!

In my opinion the party shorts are dull...

Funny, that's my recent experience exactly. Which is a shame because I bought two cabs of the Shorts on special thinking they would be fantastic.

Funny, that's my recent experience exactly. Which is a shame because I bought two cabs of the Shorts on special thinking they would be fantastic.

id be more than happy to relieve you of some of them. hate to haev you smoking something bland. YUCK! feel free to send a pm.

While I typically am known to be a Partagas *****, the Short has fallen greatly IMHO since 2005, they no longer have the sweet green peppery spice and black pepper essence that I love.

On the other hand, the Montecristo No.5 has the typical earthy and mocha flavors found in the rest of the Monte line. I have been enjoying the Monte No.5 young and old, yet it is my opinion that they are very good young and could be a daily smoke if on a budget like I have been for the past year.

I would also take a good look at the Diplomaticos No.5 because the sweet paprika flavors are right on target.

With so many small cigars smoking well I have neglected to open a new cab of Party shorts. I think Party shorts are a bit on the inconsistent side but that does not stop me from buying them. I can personally vouch for the M-5 in either '07 or '08 vintage and if that adds to the plus column then so be it. -Piggy

Because of this thread I smoked a Monte 5 last evening and followed it with a Partagas Short. For my taste the Short was superior in all respects to the 5 on that occasion. Neither of them measured up that well to the Bolivar RC that finished off my evening.

I am a Partagas *****, so you may guess whay my recomendation is. Although I haven't had a Monte #5, I have sucked down many Party shorts with great pleasure. I doubt if you could go wrong with either.

Because of this thread I smoked a Monte 5 last evening and followed it with a Partagas Short. For my taste the Short was superior in all respects to the 5 on that occasion. Neither of them measured up that well to the Bolivar RC that finished off my evening.

you should post a review in the review section. id look forward to reading it.

Probably better to compare the same year, but I got what I got, and the 06 MC#5 just blows away the 05 Short. The MC is rich & creamy, while the Short was OK, but not at all memorable.

A few years ago I would've said Partagas Shorts hands down. These days I rarely reach for them anymore, and I go with either a Montecristo 5, Siglo I, or RASSC. Once in awhile I'll go for the El Principe too. The Shorts seem to have lost some of their taste lately.