Montecristo No2 Comparison

asmith

Great review.

Rob/Smithy, I'd love you opinion on this statement I hear a lot: "wrapper provides 90% of the flavor".

I think the premise is wrong. Wrapper certainly influences the flavour immensely (have a read of the wrapper exchange posts in the classics section). I think it influences 100% of the flavour only because each wrapper changes (again...influences) the flavour profile.

You could say also that Seco influences 100% of flavour :lol:

This excercise was slightly reminiscient of something I'd done here in the past... I dissected a 06 Monte #2 in THIS THREAD with great pictures, but the images are gone. Rob, any Idea where they are hidden, I dont have them anymore or I would have re-uploaded them? :buddies:

This excercise was slightly reminiscient of something I'd done here in the past... I dissected a 06 Monte #2 in THIS THREAD with great pictures, but the images are gone. Rob, any Idea where they are hidden, I dont have them anymore or I would have re-uploaded them? :confused:

Ether we lost much in the transition. Pre transition testing did not point to the loss of some images that we had. My apologies mate.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Guys, I hate to be "this guys" but your study suffers from a fatal flaw in research....you have a confounding variable of time. You are aiming to evaluate blend differences but in fact, you have 2 things going on at the same time...blend differences and significant age differences between the cigars.

In proper research, you want to hold everything except one variable constant. For your purposes, you would need to find 2 boxes of Monte 2's with differing blends FROM THE SAME YEAR so as to eliminate the very real possibility that the age on the cigars is leading to the differences you noted.

Just wanted to put that out there....

Similarly, to be complete, if you wanted to test the effect of year/age, you would need to demonstrate that the blend was the same between the years.

Nerdy enough for you?

David

Guys, I hate to be "this guys" but your study suffers from a fatal flaw in research....you have a confounding variable of time. You are aiming to evaluate blend differences but in fact, you have 2 things going on at the same time...blend differences and significant age differences between the cigars.

In proper research, you want to hold everything except one variable constant. For your purposes, you would need to find 2 boxes of Monte 2's with differing blends FROM THE SAME YEAR so as to eliminate the very real possibility that the age on the cigars is leading to the differences you noted.

Just wanted to put that out there....

Similarly, to be complete, if you wanted to test the effect of year/age, you would need to demonstrate that the blend was the same between the years.

Nerdy enough for you?

David

Boo this man! Booooo!!!

Just messin with ya david.

• 10 months later...