Poncho Sanchez

Colt45

Went to the eight o'clock show this past Friday. Perhaps not quite as energetic as when I saw them there in 2008, but I think I attribute much of that to

the room. Scullers is a relatively small club - a great place to see and hear live music.

But with the tables very close together and a full house, there is no room to dance and little room to move. With an energetic band such as this, it seems

to take away some of that energy, even though the audience was very responsive.

Add to that, they were playing another show at ten, so they were limited with time - I might try the later show if they come back. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it

immensely and would recommend seeing them if they come your way.

• 5 months later...

Hey Colt, I know this post is kind of late but I had a chance to see a clinic with Poncho at PASIC (Percussive Arts Society International Convention) a few years back. Fantastic Conga player....I own a few of his CD's and the Conga Player Cook Book (great since I play and cook). Sorry the show wasn't better. Thanks for the post.

Scullers in Cambridge is one of my favorite rooms to see live music. I will agree it is small and tight, but I love the place. My wife and I go as much as we can.

Some of my favorite acts I've seen there are Tower of Power, David Sanborn, Larry Carlton, Steve Smith, Howard Jones etc. So many great acts and usually you can meet them and have a drink with them afterwards in the bar.

I'll check out Poncho Sanchez next time they are around, thanks for the tip Colt.

Hey Colt, I know this post is kind of late but I had a chance to see a clinic with Poncho at PASIC (Percussive Arts Society International Convention) a few years back. Fantastic Conga player....I own a few of his CD's and the Conga Player Cook Book (great since I play and cook). Sorry the show wasn't better. Thanks for the post.

That sounds cool! I enjoyed the show very much - it think the energy part was more audience than artist. If anything, I would have liked to hear a

little more from Raise Your Hand, but that's nitpicking.

Scullers in Cambridge is one of my favorite rooms to see live music. I will agree it is small and tight, but I love the place. My wife and I go as much as we can.

I'll check out Poncho Sanchez next time they are around, thanks for the tip Colt.

You should definitely check him out. I like the venue as well, but I'm always afraid that if I move, I'm going to knock something over!