Montecristo No2 TEB MAR 08

asmith

This week after our winter break and bouts of swine flu Ken and Rob review the Montecristo No 2 versus the Partagas Series P2. Both were manufactured in the same factory during the same month, are they the same cigar with a different band?

<!--id1--><div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div><!--id2-->

Lise...honey...baby. Smithy edited those words into my mouth.

I was Misquoted! Misrepresented! Mislead! :)

Lisa this is what Rob meant to just say, "Smithy he twists words, he changes things, he he he puts facts on the video!"

Lise...honey...baby. Smithy edited those words into my mouth.

I was Misquoted! Misrepresented! Mislead! :)

lisa, i can confirm that it was all smithers' editing. rob was saying nice things about you all that day and how much he missed you and how useless smithers was. it is all devious editing. he was saying bad things about smithers.

so rob, we square now? bet paid in full?

Excellent gentlemen.. Truely enjoyed the review.. Monte#2's are on my Fav list . I too look forward to the PS2.

See ya Mates.

Of all the Monte 2s I have smoked... not many have ever overwhelmed me.

Though there was an exception about a month ago when I sampled an '02 dated stick (one of a ten pack purchased from Czar a couple of years ago). It was absolutely stellar. A 94 point cigar in my opinion.

Lucky for me, 8 more remain.

• 2 weeks later...

Though there was an exception about a month ago when I sampled an '02 dated stick (one of a ten pack purchased from Czar a couple of years ago). It was absolutely stellar. A 94 point cigar in my opinion.

interesting. i think i mentioned somewhere about enjoying an older one very much - could have been an 02 but was certainly thereabouts. last night, tried the last one remaining. whereas the previous one was a wonderful smoke, this was a waste of time and money. had to re-light about 1,000 times, went all bitter. no interesting flavours. i think the roller thought he might be making a cuaba!

amazing variation between them. shame but a warning.

Once again, mates... a great effort. I've smoked my fair share of Monte 2's, but nothing older than 2002. I've had some very good ones, but never a great one. Perhaps there is too much variability. But I continue to buy the No. 2's when reviews are good. Some of the very best I've had are early '06s, and I have most of mine aging. Lots of body and flavor, with an unmistakeable Monte profile. Our world would be the poorer without the Monte 2.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Out of all the cigars through the years one of the best sticks I have ever had was an aged monti 2 from 03. I gave it a 95. who knew? ;)